Ural Trucks: Infantry Incorrect Weapons

Apocalypse 31
Go to solution Solved by Volcano,

• Apocalypse 31 changed the title to Ural Trucks: Infantry Incorrect Weapons
1 hour ago, Apocalypse 31 said:

LMGs now have MG3's instead of PKMs.

The Riflemen are equipped with AT-4's instead of Russian equivalent

Note that Ural in game is in fact a generic surrogate for a broad number of similarly looking vehicles used by different nations, not only particular soviet/russian truck.

57 minutes ago, Jartsev said:

Note that Ural in game is in fact a generic surrogate for a broad number of similarly looking vehicles used by different nations, not only particular soviet/russian truck.

Right.

I'd say that most scenarios I've played use the Ural as a proxy OPFOR vehicle - so, it's odd that it now has infantry with NATO weapons.

I know that I use the URAL truck in my scenarios solely for OPFOR, since its probably the best WARSAW pact truck in game. It's very annoying now that I need to change the LMGs to match a WARSAW weapon, as well as the Riflemen to not have a US-specific light AT weapon. 

Edited by Apocalypse 31

1 hour ago, Jartsev said:

Is this the same for the Cougar 6x6 and the Bushmaster, since they have the same loadout as the Ural?

Edited by Mirzayev

This is now adding a lot more work to scenario designers that use those vehicles.....because it SURE does look like a Ural in game. 

There is no easy way to change LMG types.

There is an easy way to change rifleman loadouts - but then it replaces ALL loadouts which then makes it not easy. 

And also-

It's using a German LMG but US AT-4. That's a unique design choice. 

• Members
6 hours ago, Apocalypse 31 said:

This is now adding a lot more work to scenario designers that use those vehicles...

...maybe not so much if you create yourself a template for motorized infantry with the desired loadout. In understand that you don't like the change, but at least there's a not-too-onerous time-saving workaround.

• Members
7 hours ago, Gibsonm said:

Does this happen even if you select Russian / Soviet as the nationality?

Choice of nationality only applies nation-specific textures within the same theme group (if available). It has no effect on the ammunition loadout or anything; this needs to be set in templates.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators
  • Solution

Yes, so the issue here is that the Ural truck is very old, and never had its default LMG and RPG type defined (for its carried troops). So, it falls back to something defined in the code, ages ago, which is likely the very first RPG type that existed (M136) and very first LMG type that existed (MG3).

I will try to script that to the PKM and RPG-7, or some such, for a future patch.