[SOUNDMOD] RSM Beta

zerocrack01

32 minutes ago, TSe419E said:

This reminds me more of the M-85 than the M240.

There is one sound file for all coaxial mgs, there is a reason why i titled that one GENERIC
Let's quote myself: "Generic Coax MG External (be aware that most tanks share the same sound in that case, that is why, I kept it as generic as possible)"

Internally you will have the M240 sound, but i cant do much about the external sound without making it sound wrong on other types. So i did the same thing as the developer. GENERIC

30 minutes ago, TSe419E said:

Does the BMP-2 have a turbo to give it that turbo spooling down sound?

If I am not mistaken the turbo sound is part of the stock SBsounds, pls try if that is the case.

Edited by zerocrack01

On 8/25/2022 at 5:24 PM, Apocalypse 31 said:

What?

I've also been under fire from 57mm, 82mm, 107mm, and a few other calibers, so I'm familiar with how real life explosions sound - near and distant.

To add to that, these sounds are all sampled from a YouTube video from an artillery attack in Ukraine, circa 2014 (I see the video has since been removed).

When it comes to sound design, you'll never capture the true feeling of an explosion, for that reason exactly....it's a feeling and not so much a sound. 

Can you put these in??

13 hours ago, zerocrack01 said:

From what is that?

Close artillery explosions, picked them from the internet..Esim has a good tank sim but the artillery close in are way below par..If you can work them into your sound files for all to use..

1 hour ago, delta6 said:

Close artillery explosions, picked them from the internet..Esim has a good tank sim but the artillery close in are way below par..If you can work them into your sound files for all to use..

Thanks for the material, I also have a lot of it, although I try to stick with one library and mix the components echo/explosion/debris/distance myself. 
But if you wanna do for yourself it is really easy: Just go to the "C:\Users\Username\Documents\eSim Games\Steel Beasts\mods\sounds\FX" folder there is a textfile (FXList-4_357) with all the soundfile names.

e.g.: close he impacts:
x_ArtyNearHeSplash0.wav
 x_ArtyNearHeSplash1.wav
x_ArtyNearHeSplash2.wav
x_ArtyNearHeSplash3.wav
x_ArtyNearHeSplash4.wav

cut it with some freeware like audacity and put the wav. files into the FX folder, thats it. If you dont like the modded sound, just delete them from that folder.

38 minutes ago, zerocrack01 said:

Thanks for the material, I also have a lot of it, although I try to stick with one library and mix the components echo/explosion/debris/distance myself. 
But if you wanna do for yourself it is really easy: Just go to the "C:\Users\Username\Documents\eSim Games\Steel Beasts\mods\sounds\FX" folder there is a textfile (FXList-4_357) with all the soundfile names.

e.g.: close he impacts:
x_ArtyNearHeSplash0.wav
 x_ArtyNearHeSplash1.wav
x_ArtyNearHeSplash2.wav
x_ArtyNearHeSplash3.wav
x_ArtyNearHeSplash4.wav

cut it with some freeware like audacity and put the wav. files into the FX folder, thats it. If you dont like the modded sound, just delete them from that folder.

Now that is where i get into problems.."Cut it with some freeware"..I don't know how to do that and that is why i need you to impliment the files into your mod..

• 2 weeks later...