[SOUNDMOD] RSM Beta

zerocrack01

On 9/20/2022 at 7:29 AM, zerocrack01 said:

When more stuff is done. I would not like to release half finished stuff

I share the same excitement on your work - everything sounds great and I'm excited to use this. But also don't want to pressure you.

You could always Update as you complete more. I think this may be one of those projects where it will never be fully updated.

On 9/22/2022 at 11:33 AM, Count Sessine said:

The sound engine in SB seems better to me than the one in Graviteam, correct?

Graviteam has a more recent 5.1 sound engine (super immersive with Ruki's mod on a good sound system), while SB Pro's sound engine is stereo and was already outdated in the early 2000s, according to the devs:

But SB mainly is a multiplayer game, focused on communication, so the soundscape seems much less important anyway (therefore no complaints). And a lot of time is spent on the map too in many scenarios/missions, so "immersion" through sound seems not that relevant (compared to, lets say, a flight simulator where one is in the virtual cockpit 99% of the time):

Edited by FLIR

7 hours ago, FLIR said:

But SB mainly is a multiplayer game, focused on communication, so the soundscape seems much less important anyway (therefore no complaints).

It depends on what you are doing.

An OP party hearing tanks to their left as opposed to on their right maybe very important.