[SOUNDMOD] RSM Beta

zerocrack01

20 hours ago, Gibsonm said:

Ah OK I was working on the "all" in:

All = 40+ vehicles.

This in addition to the work you are already doing on MGs, Artillery, ATGMs, plus I guess main gun firing sounds, ....

Chill Mr. Shareholder. You will get the product for your imaginary money.

I barely played this sim since my purchase 2 months ago. But changed 162 sounds already. I wont change all 600 before releasing it.

Edited by zerocrack01

I really like all the sounds you've shown for demo so far, the echoes are pretty dramatic, thanks for sharing. Sound mods are always something where it's nice that people can pick and choose what sounds they find appropriate for their style or what they find best for them. 

• Members
11 hours ago, zerocrack01 said:

Leopard 2 Engine v3 (added turbines):

It's an improvement, but you really hear the turbochargers only when the driver lift's the throttle. While stepping on it, the BRAAAAAAA of the diesel dominates the overall sound by at least one order of magnitude.

51 minutes ago, Ssnake said:

It's an improvement, but you really hear the turbochargers only when the driver lift's the throttle. While stepping on it, the BRAAAAAAA of the diesel dominates the overall sound by at least one order of magnitude.

In that case I should minimise the turbine sound. In vanilla turbine sound is handled with the break sounds, which would apply to all heavy tracked vehicles. But that seems off in most cases.

11 hours ago, zerocrack01 said:

In that case I should minimise the turbine sound. In vanilla turbine sound is handled with the break sounds, which would apply to all heavy tracked vehicles. But that seems off in most cases.

Please don't take this as a criticism, more an attempt to inform (or perhaps correct a misconception).

The Leopard does not have a turbine.

It and many diesel engines, have turbo chargers (they are different things) to boost the diesel's performance.

The M1 family and T-64s have Turbines where a very crude explanation is that there is no diesel. It has been replaced by a turbine similar to a jet engine or gas turbines found on ships.

53 minutes ago, Gibsonm said:

Please don't take this as a criticism, more an attempt to inform (or perhaps correct a misconception).

The Leopard does not have a turbine. 

It and many diesel engines, have turbo chargers (they are different things) to boost the diesel's performance.

The M1 family and T-64s have Turbines where a very crude explanation is that there is no diesel. It has been replaced by a turbine similar to a jet engine or gas turbines found on ships.

I probably meant turbocharger and if that is wrong I mean the "weeee something" sound layer. Call me a pianist who can't name the music scores, but plays it by hearing.

Edited by zerocrack01

3 hours ago, Ssnake said:

Start sounds fine, but driving needs deeper bass. Then again, I just checked on my mobile without earphones, so take it for what it's worth, an opinion.

I boosted to lower frequencies as much i could. Leopard 1 engine sounds really like to overdrive easily. I will look for other sound samples. I hope the next iteration of the sound engine will have own sounds for engines being on high workload RPM. That would be really really amazing and would make accelerating and decelerating much more realistic and would give the engines the necessary "roar" sound layers. 

7 hours ago, zerocrack01 said:

I boosted to lower frequencies as much i could. Leopard 1 engine sounds really like to overdrive easily. I will look for other sound samples. I hope the next iteration of the sound engine will have own sounds for engines being on high workload RPM. That would be really really amazing and would make accelerating and decelerating much more realistic and would give the engines the necessary "roar" sound layers. 

The Leo 1 is also is designed to disperse its sound (i.e. making it harder to determine the exact direction the vehicle noise is coming from).

I haven't spent as much time on Leo 2 so I can't comment to its muffler / sound distribution system.

You will need to make the Leo 1 sound source not too specific in whatever you are doing.

1 hour ago, Gibsonm said:

The Leo 1 is also is designed to disperse its sound (i.e. making it harder to determine the exact direction the vehicle noise is coming from).

I haven't spent as much time on Leo 2 so I can't comment to its muffler / sound distribution system.

You will need to make the Leo 1 sound source not too specific in whatever you are doing.

Interesting facts indeed.