WWII maps, mods, and assets?

Thorn

Hello all, 

I was wondering if there's a collection of maps, mods, and/or assets for WWII using this simulator? I've found a couple of maps made for 4.1 that I've downloaded using the map tool. One was Utah Beach 1944 and I forgot what the other one was but it was also a WWII map. I'm on build 4.357 and I was able to load the Utah Beach 1944 map in the mission editor but didn't see any WWII tanks or trucks or assets. The oldest I saw was a T-55 from the 1950s I believe. So are there any mods that add WWII vehicles and tanks and infantry using the weapons from that era with the appropriate uniforms from back then also? 

13 minutes ago, Thorn said:

LOL! I understand. I was just hoping someone had made a WWII mod of sorts since I saw the WWII era maps. 

There is also a political aspect in the eSim is a German firm and there are certain sensitivities, unless you want a Second World War title with no German equipment.

• Members

The sensibility being that you can't separate the Wehrmacht from the political goals to which it was subordinate, so each and every victory enabled the Einsatzgruppen to round up more jews and whomever else the Nazis deemed undesirable, to work them to death as slave laborers. WW2 games are "fun" to play from both sides only if you ignore the political context, which in itself is a gross distortion of the historical truth and thus effectively helping Nazi propaganda after they are supposedly thoroughly defeated. I'm not going to lend my hands to such an endeavor.

Personally, I think there's way too many WW2 tank games, particularly without the political context, and too few tank games that focus on a rich and varied historical context after WW2. So I'm focusing, as far as we're adding historical tanks to Steel Beasts, on recent history; but of course we need to focus in most of our work on the present, and the near future.

On 9/10/2022 at 7:13 AM, Thorn said:

LOL! I understand. I was just hoping someone had made a WWII mod of sorts since I saw the WWII era maps. 

Well we still have Panzer Elite out there & its still being developed... It's a fun WW2 tank sim without political context. Sorry for hijacking ;)

20 hours ago, daskal said:

Well we still have Panzer Elite out there & its still being developed... It's a fun WW2 tank sim without political context. Sorry for hijacking ;)

Nice one! I played it long ago and had forgotten about it and didn't realize it was still being modded. Went to go look into where to buy it from and went onto my GOG account and saw that I already own it in my GOG library. (It's also on sale for $1.49 right now as of writing this on GOG for those who don't own it.) Guess it's time to download the game and install the latest mod for it and give it a whirl. 😁👏

Also, just got my SBPro PE codemeter stick in the mailbox last night. 😁👏 

• 1 month later...