[REQ] M1 Abrams Battle Tank (Sega Genesis/PC 1988) campaign remade with Steel Beasts Pro PE 4.357

Thorn

Did anyone else besides me play this game on Sega Genesis or PC in 1988/89 and enjoy it? If so, I'd LOVE to see it remade using Steel Beasts Pro PE 4.357 mission and map editor to remake the entire game's campaign. The PC version can be downloaded on myabandonware.  It could be used to reference the game's campaign, map, and the enemy types for each mission and their approximate locations.

Download location:  

https://www.myabandonware.com/game/abrams-battle-tank-ee

Video of game and gameplay... 

Edited by Thorn

33 minutes ago, Thorn said:

Did anyone else besides me play this game on Sega Genesis or PC in 1988/89 and enjoy it? If so, I'd LOVE to see it remade using Steel Beasts Pro PE 4.357 mission and map editor to remake the entire game's campaign. The PC version can be downloaded on myabandonware.  It could be used to reference the game's campaign, map, and the enemy types for each mission and their approximate locations.

Download location:  

https://www.myabandonware.com/game/abrams-battle-tank-ee

Video of game and gameplay... 

This already exists: 

Hey Thorn,
Yeah, I actually took the time to go over the manual (I owned the console and the original game) from the Genesis game and tried to use terrains that reflected the map areas as best as possible. I also recreated the original M1 bases and modeled the repair/refuel ability along with tow vehicles so you can bring back damaged tanks to repair them. It's not perfect by any means but it should give you at least as close to the same experience. I was planning on putting them together in campaign format but kind of dropped the ball while I was working on the Hannover map. When the new version comes out I might go back and do some minor changes and then do the campaign. They should work fine but feel free to send me a message if you find issues or your feedback on the missions after you try them out.

Edited by Striker

4 hours ago, Striker said:

Hey Thorn,
Yeah, I actually took the time to go over the manual (I owned the console and the original game) from the Genesis game and tried to use terrains that reflected the map areas as best as possible. I also recreated the original M1 bases and modeled the repair/refuel ability along with tow vehicles so you can bring back damaged tanks to repair them. It's not perfect by any means but it should give you at least as close to the same experience. I was planning on putting them together in campaign format but kind of dropped the ball while I was working on the Hannover map. When the new version comes out I might go back and do some minor changes and then do the campaign. They should work fine but feel free to send me a message if you find issues or your feedback on the missions after you try them out.

Thank you so much for making this and any future updates or improvements you continue to make to it! Man, I've waited YEARS for someone to remake that game using a more modern simulator. I've only had time to play around with the 1st mission so far and it's gorgeous and amazing! You did great Striker! BRAVO!!!  👏😁

• 2 weeks later...

I played some of these missions and thoroughly enjoyed them. They are great for single player because you usually command 1 - 2 tanks. Although I must admit that I edited equipment to get back to the Cold War vibe. :) Default missions use M1A2 SEP but I changed them to M1A1. Thanks for bringing back some memories from the original Tank Platoon. I played it on Amiga 600 then. 😅