Drone documentation

jlh

• Moderators

Here is a unified drone's page, in its infancy. This will hopefully be the place that you will get information about how to use them, once I can get some assistance with putting the page together - this is just a starting point (I don't have as much time as I used to to work in the SBwiki and will need help there). 😩

https://www.steelbeasts.com/sbwiki/index.php?title=Drones

How are the drones working for everyone?

I thought the easiest to try would be the labelle. I can deploy it and launch it, but I can't get it to go where I want, not on auto or manually flown. I really can't get it to do much but hover. I've read all available documentation and watched all videos. The only consistent thing is the flashing "TIS cooling down (5:00)".

If everyone else is doing OK, I must be doing something in the incorrect order.

• Moderators

When writing documentation in the SBwiki, a large part of it is assumed as being obvious - but often the assumption is wrong.

So what exactly are you doing in the Libelle? Like, what is the process you are trying? I will add more to the drone info page once I can figure out what you are doing.

• Moderators

In the mean time I added a little more text.  The key to controlling the drone is that you must be in the F2 or F3 view (see the bold text now in the Standard Controls section.

So basically, what you do is you can go into the F2 or F3 view THEN you are able to fly the drone manually with ASDW and QZ buttons. Or, while in F3, you can go to the map view and plot a route from the drone, then go back into F3 view and press the "NAV" button on the far right (which is described in the Mission Control section

3 hours ago, jlh said:

I thought the easiest to try would be the labelle. I can deploy it and launch it, but I can't get it to go where I want, not on auto or manually flown. I really can't get it to do much but hover. I've read all available documentation and watched all videos. The only consistent thing is the flashing "TIS cooling down (5:00)".

Looks like you were trying to control drone from drone's F8 view, available only in mission editor while testing a scenario.

To control drone you need to be in parent squad F8 or F7 view, and while in that view- go to F2 (sort of focus eye view on drone thing) or F3 (drone payload) view.

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I have things working properly.

A large part of my problem was my joystick. I just realized that the labelle could be controlled with the joystick as well as the W, A, D, X key imputes. My joystick was setting unevenly on my desk and overriding the W, A, D and X imputes I was trying to make.