Three sides scenarios

Willykurtz

No I'm afraid not.

You can't control two sides at once, even if they are "allied".

Setting ownership to "player" assumes that:

• There is a Blue Player.
  • There is a say Green (or other colour) player.
  • There is an OPFOR player.

That are three different people

Nor can Blue access say Green artillery to fire at Red.

The only work around I can think of is play it in the Mission Editor and swap sides as required.

I guess you could start two sessions (or have 2 x PCs) set one up as Blue and the other as Green and move from one to the other as required.

Edited by Gibsonm

• Members

You can create Events and (nameable) Conditions on Blue, possibly tied to triggers activated by the human player. You can reference these Blue conditions in scripted actions on the Green side. Doesn't give you full control, but at least some of it.

Also, when playing the scenario in test mode (from within the Mission Editor) you can swap parties.

Finally, you can play a network session with yourself; Host runs Blue, Client joins Green team. Put one Steel Beasts window in map mode while you're playing the other party. Switch to map mode before you change to the other window, and you'll have minimal performance loss.

On 9/17/2022 at 1:01 PM, Willykurtz said:

I am trying to create SP scenario with three side. Two of them me and my ally and one is hostile. Problem is I can't take under control or command any allied units despite owner set as "player". Is it any way to make it?  Thanks. 

Only way this is possible is when playing from scenario editor in Test mode. You can switch to any side from map screen.

The best solution: Put all allies on same side and make two call sign templates for the friendly side, give the allied units different call signs to differentiate them.

13 hours ago, Gibsonm said:

Except then things like different uniforms for dismounts are not possible.

Thanks. This is a main problem for me. I just trying create SP scenario with UN forces and any Western Army on the one side (under my command), and rebels as an enemy. But due to SP limitations it impossible. 😟

Just now, Willykurtz said:

Thanks. This is a main problem for me. I just trying create SP scenario with UN forces and any Western Army on the one side (under my command), and rebels as an enemy. But due to SP limitations it impossible. 😟

Its not "impossible".

Several of us have outlined several options (starting with my initial response) for you to test what you want to create.

Unfortunately a scenario that explicitly relies on more than one player can't be played by one person - its like owning 3 cars and wanting to drive them all at once.

Using the Mission Editor test mode and jumping from side to side will achieve the outcome you want.