Is lazing really accurate

LegionnaireDan

Hello,

Is it me or a glitch in the tutorial missions. I am presently doing the second mission with the Leopard 2A5 at lazing targets. When I laze I get the distance, I shoot in the middle of it, and I can see my sabot going through dead on, on the vehicle but nothing happens. I shoot at 2 1/2 ton trucks and it takes ages to bring it down, same for BMP and so on. Also I'm using my Thrustmaster Hotas joystick and wanted to know if there is a way to invert the joystick. When I push the joystick, the targeting reticle goes up and when I pull it it goes down.

Thank you

10 minutes ago, LegionnaireDan said:

Thank you. But I shoot like 50 sabot at trucks or other small vehicle and they don't seem to take any damages I mean really annoying. I'll look on youtube to see what's wrong with my lazing or what's the problem possibly with the tutorial missions

Vehicles don't necessarily explode in dramatic fashion. Checking the map (F5) is one of the better ways to see if you killed your target.

It is also worth mentioning that ammo type plays a big role. Lobbing SABOT at PCs and Trucks is a sure way to get overpenetration, and lessen the chance of a first round kill. 

You'll learn more about ammo types in the next scenarios.

Bottom line: lasing works as intended, as does the training scenario. 

Edited by Mirzayev

• Members

If you hit the tarp of a truck with a sabot (or some other non-critical location of a large vehicle where no equipments is stored behind the all/cover), it will rip two holes into the canvas (or basic steel armor) but otherwise accomplish nothing/not much/nothing visible. It shouldn't.

Hit the engine/driver's area, and you're probably going to see more dramatic results more often.

The point of the tutorial is to show that with substantially different ranges you can't just aim for the center of a target and fire for a guaranteed hit.