Question about voices

Japo32

Hello, I am making what I think is a better spanish voices, but what I see in the spanish base is that there are 207 files and in UK there are 320. If I want to use the mising ones can I just put the mising name and it will be reproduced in case of it, or do I have to copy or modify any txt file to make this so?

Of course I will put the voices in documments mods/sounds/voices/Espanol

Thanks!

• Moderators

Best thing to do would be to copy the UK voices into the ES voices folder, then say no to overwrite. Then once that is done, all the ones added should be automatically highlighted in Windows, and you can cut and paste those to a separate folder.

Then you can record over them, or made new files but replace the filename, and then copy them back into the ES folder.

Essentially SB is looking for those files but if they aren't present, it doesn't care - it just doesn't play a sound IIRC.

Hopefully that answers the question...

Ok! I think it is clear! The problem with the spanish voices is that all sounds the same, so I don't know if the voice is comming from other units, gunner or TC. Of course it is still my voice in all of them but I modify the pitch to make them different. I will upload them when ready.

Thanks!

If I could join 6 people... I can use my 8 year girl and 11 boy hahaha..

But is there any doc that tells which person is the one that is talking? In the begining of each file I see a gn_ T_ d_ PC_ that I translate into gunner, tank commander, driver and pc.. but sometimes with the same begining sufix there are 2 different person speaking. The most noticeable accents which I pickup the information about who was speaking was from UK voices... that is I think, more clearly differencial from US ones.

Edited by Japo32

• Members

We'd provide you with an Excel file that has all the lines, on a separate sheet for each voice. We'd also provide sound/filtering support if you want to make it official, at which point we'd need a statement from each voice actor that he's willing to transfer to eSim Games the rights to use the work.

Contact me by email (just not this week, please).