Package problem

Mexrex

So I just got the game for a month. I downloaded it via the bundle installer and started playing fine once it was done. I started messing around with the mission making until I somehow canceled saving the mission, and it wiped my scoped_dir9808_388462963 folder with packages leaving default and when I start the app it says map package folder with "OK" and "Cancel". If I press Ok or map package folder then it just reloads the same page. I have no idea what to do, any help would be appreciated.

5 minutes ago, Mexrex said:

So I just got the game for a month. I downloaded it via the bundle installer and started playing fine once it was done. I started messing around with the mission making until I somehow canceled saving the mission, and it wiped my scoped_dir9808_388462963 folder with packages leaving default and when I start the app it says map package folder with "OK" and "Cancel". If I press Ok or map package folder then it just reloads the same page. I have no idea what to do, any help would be appreciated.

You need to tell it where to find your map packages.

By default it is:

C:\ProgramData\eSim Games\Steel Beasts\maps\packages

Not that it is under ProgramData and not Program Files. ProgramData is normally hidden. 

6 minutes ago, Mirzayev said:

You need to tell it where to find your map packages.

By default it is:

C:\ProgramData\eSim Games\Steel Beasts\maps\packages

Not that it is under ProgramData and not Program Files. ProgramData is normally hidden. 

Good idea, no idea where they went, they were in the scoped_dir... folder but now they're gone

5 minutes ago, Mirzayev said:

I don't know what that folder is. I'd check under the default location, unless you specified some custom location. 

I checked everywhere and it's straight up gone. No packages folder is anywhere

6 minutes ago, Mirzayev said:

Ok. I'd reinstall the map packages from the bundle installer (the same one you used to install SB). Then specify the directory in SB. 

I run the whole thing??? It took like 6 hours last time

• Members

Maybe the directory was quarantined by an overly eager anti-virus filter, and subsequently deleted (otherwise I have no idea how the map packages would end up in a directory with such a strange name, and get "accidentally" deleted).

Steel Beasts will throw this error message, however, only when it misses the three basic map packages (default/blank map, tutorial map, and gunnery range). These do not get installed with the regular map packages installer, but with the Steel Beasts program installer instead.

Also, I recommand the option to "keep installer files on disc" when running the bundle installer, so you don't have to re-download everything if, like in this case, you have to reinstall Steel Beasts. You could then push all the installer files onto a 16 GByte USB stick.