Newbie questions. (FISTV lasing, artillery red square).

Red_Donkey

In the FISTV I try to lase targets with the optics in gunners view. Zoomed in I see the AZ, RNG, EL. And it only works sometimes. Just now, I lased a target, and I got range and all. Moved the vehicle and tried again, now it only has the old range info. Doesn't update. What am I missing

I remember when play SBPRO PE from 12 years ago, that there was a red artillery box on the map, when artillery was called in. Is it gone for realism now?

31 minutes ago, Red_Donkey said:

In the FISTV I try to lase targets with the optics in gunners view. Zoomed in I see the AZ, RNG, EL. And it only works sometimes. Just now, I lased a target, and I got range and all. Moved the vehicle and tried again, now it only has the old range info. Doesn't update. What am I missing

Need to investigate this; could be an initialization issue if human player is present  at gunner's position(F6 view) at very beginning of execution phase, or  if vehicle retracts/deploys  hammerhead assy.

31 minutes ago, Red_Donkey said:

I remember when play SBPRO PE from 12 years ago, that there was a red artillery box on the map, when artillery was called in. Is it gone for realism now?

Yes, availability of  red arty box  is bound to  realism settings now. With  high realism it is not displayed on the map.

So regarding this one:

3 hours ago, Red_Donkey said:

-As a temporary work-around jump out to F8 view for a few seconds, so  AI would sort-out things on its own.