Sticky keys

Higgs

Since the last update (not the patch the big update to 4.3) I've had issues with my joystick. For example when I press the laser button the input gets stuck and keeps firing the laser over and over again. The same things happens with the trigger, resulting in my gun firing as soon as it is reloaded.

I've checked my joystick repeatedly and no programm has shown any keys to stick. I bough it about a month prior to the update and had no issues before. I do not experience the same issue in other game. (For reference I use the "Logitech Extreme 3D PRO").

Has anybody else made a similar experience? Is there a way to fight this? 

Edited by Higgs

• Members

What joystick do you use?

We replaced the library that handles joystick input (so you no longer need to make it The Preferred Device), this may well be some refactoring fallout that was missed by beta testers who didn't try out your stick model (we can't try them all - but we can investigate your case).

8 minutes ago, Ssnake said:

What joystick do you use?

We replaced the library that handles joystick input (so you no longer need to make it The Preferred Device), this may well be some refactoring fallout that was missed by beta testers who didn't try out your stick model (we can't try them all - but we can investigate your case).

I use the "Logitech Extreme 3D PRO".

2 hours ago, Higgs said:

Since the last update (not the patch the big update to 4.3) I've had issues with my joystick. For example when I press the laser button the input gets stuck and keeps firing the laser over and over again. The same things happens with the trigger, resulting in my gun firing as soon as it is reloaded.

I've checked my joystick repeatedly and no programm has shown any keys to stick. I bough it about a month prior to the update and had no issues before. I do not experience the same issue in other game. (For reference I use the "Logitech Extreme 3D PRO").

Has anybody else made a similar experience? Is there a way to fight this? 

And  you have these problems  with  any random vehicle, or  few specific models? I'm asking this  this,  because LRF of CV9035NL is defaulted  to pulse mode now, and if you see it continously firing with this  vehicle- that is a feature(while not documented). Then there is a Pizarro F2, and in its case it is normal that main gun in burst mode continues to fire specified number of rounds even after release of the trigger.

14 minutes ago, Jartsev said:

And  you have these problems  with  any random vehicle, or  few specific models? I'm asking this  this,  because LRF of CV9035NL is defaulted  to pulse mode now, and if you see it continously firing with this  vehicle- that is a feature(while not documented). Then there is a Pizarro F2, and in its case it is normal that main gun in burst mode continues to fire specified number of rounds even after release of the trigger.

I have experienced these problems with the Leopard (from 1A5 to 2A6 including 2E and other nation specific subvariants), the M1 variants and the Marder. I don't recall having it with any other vehicles, although that might be because the vehicles mentioned are the ones I play most often.

24 minutes ago, Lumituisku said:

I have that same stick so i can test. 

That would be very kind, although for me it can happen on a unregular basis. Sometimes an entire mission plays and all works fine and other times I can't play 5 mins without multiple occurrences.

1 minute ago, Higgs said:

That would be very kind, although for me it can happen on a unregular basis. Sometimes an entire mission plays and all works fine and other times I can't play 5 mins without multiple occurrences.

If you have specific  joystic button configuration hkf file , could you share yours to me so I can try with that same one?   

image.thumb.png.3e9e4c2326e3ac1fe7d4570c95f18466.png

33 minutes ago, Lumituisku said:

If you have specific  joystic button configuration hkf file , could you share yours to me so I can try with that same one?   

image.thumb.png.3e9e4c2326e3ac1fe7d4570c95f18466.png

I haven't done anything like this. I only changed the assigned keybinds in the options. Can I export that to?