USB Codemeter dongle 'Empty License Container'

DavidZill
Go to solution Solved by Ssnake,

I just reinstalled Steelbeasts after a short hiatus and a reinstalled Windows 10. When I insert the Codemeter dongle, it blinks 2-3 times green, codemeter reads the dongle, however states 'Status: Empty license container'. This is a new windows install, so any license file from Esimgames will not be there. When I try to download the license file from my Esimgames purchase email, it states "License Activated."

CmDust-Result.log

Edited by DavidZill

• Members
  • Solution

There's always a second USB container to be found if you have a CM stick and install any version of Steel Beasts starting with version 3.0. The thread below describes bow you pick the other one in the WebAdmin and in the CodeMeter Control Center; scroll down a little:

License tickets, once activated, are "gone" unless they contain multiple licenses. Classic licenses need no renewal. They will stay in the CM stick's memory, well protected against pretty much anything except mechanical destruction, a raging fire, electrocution, or possibly a gamma ray burst from a nearby neutron star collision (in which case we have bigger problems than the loss of software licenses).

So, your old license is still there; you can't and don't need to activate your classic license again. If you are, however, still getting an error about a missing license when you try to start the latest Steel Beasts version, chances are that you missed upgrading your license. In that case, make sure to note the highest license version number in your CM stick (the WebAdmin will do that, as described in the thread above), then order an upgrade license from eSim Game's web shop, which is here:

https://www.esimgames.com/?page_id=3165