Fennek Vehicle 60mm Mortar Ammo option?

foxlarry
Go to solution Solved by Gibsonm,

When I added Fennek 60mm mortar carriers to a "home made scenario"😉 I'm creating. I noted that it seems as though there are

no ammunition options for the 60mm. mortars that the vehicles carry. There are the usual ammunition options for the machine guns though.

Just to make sure that I wasn't overlooking a way to select ammunition for the mortars. I looked at the Fennek AD vehicle, and that also

doesn't seem to have a menu option relating to the SAMs that the vehicle type carries either.

I'm sure that Ssnake will address this issue either by adding the option at a later time, and in the meantime, possibly offer comments on the issue. 

• Solution

Well you can adjust the mix (SMK vs HE) but there is only one type of SMK and one type of HE available.

You can also change them from 60mm to 81mm mortars.

Sorry, just confirming that you are dismounting the mortar teams prior to checking the ammunition? Checking the ammunition for the vehicle itself only includes the vehicle weapons.

The mortars are not "built in" like say the M1064A3.

As for the AD vehicle, if it only carries Stingers in real life, then I suspect that's the only option you'll get.

Edited by Gibsonm

• Members

It's not really a mortar carrier, but a transport for a mortar team, so I guess you haver to dismount the thing in the mmission editor, change the dismounts to a 60mm mortar team, then set the ammunition for them and mount them again. Don't forget to save that platoon as a template, so you don't have to go through the motions again.

Gibsonm and Ssnake. Thank you as always gentlemen for your quick, informative and kind responses. Indeed, I was thinking of the Fenneks as being like the U.S. and Russian self propelled mortar systems.

Rather than just being carriers for mortar crews. As they say in TV Law dramas, "question asked and answered your Honor!" 👍👍😊 Stay well all, and have a great holiday season.