Operation VARIABLE

Tacbat

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Op Variable will be delayed until further notice. Red decided Friday to withdraw to their side map. I'll need a bit of time to reorganize things for the next round of fighting. I will also need the new side map from Red.

CO's, I will be sending out revised points to you for the next mission.

With this break, I think this would be a good opportunity for the Red CO to do some recruiting. Namely the crusty(and smelly)old vet Wahrborg.

It is clear to me that red could use a boost in the moral sector. A great player will do just that.

Why would I want to help Red? Because I know what a competitor nick is. And I truly miss the challenge that he brings to the battle.

I think Sean is losing interest.... His true Gheyness is beginning to show, as I always knew it would.

I foresaw this of course. Without his Ghey partner Wahrborg he is a mere shell of a homo. It really shouldn't come as any surprise. All the battles, and all the Gheyness they experienced together...

Until this void is filled once again by Wahrborg, or another homo. I feel there is no hope for the red leadership, or team.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Tacbat may still be editing the rules, but the rules have been changed a little bit today here:

http://www.steelbeasts.com/sbwiki/index.php/Operation_Variable

...some prices are different (ie. the CV90s are cheaper since they are no longer uber jagdpanzers with troops) and some units have been added (SAM Team, CV90/35, and airborne units).

And no, I will preemptively answer everyone's question: the campaign is not quite ready to resume this week. :(

Based on its current mobility characteristics and lethality, the Centauro seems excessively inexpensive. Something closer to the Leopard 1 would seem more appropriate.

With less optimistic mobility, it would be closer to the current value IMO.

Not that it will make any difference, but I might be able to jump back in with Red soon. We're about done with the spring works, just a couple more pastures to brand, so I won't be rollin out at 4:00 am anymore. Besides all that it would be downright tragic if Rouge had a real reason to carry on like he normally does.

...We're about done with the spring works, just a couple more pastures to brand, so I won't be rollin out at 4:00 am anymore...

so, what DOES the smell of burning cow ass smell like?

Just prepping my shit-talking for when this OP does resume...

Edited by Hackworth
i got chili on my keyboard

Progress continues. Today was the first day I was able to sit down and devote to a thorough review of the rules and equipment. A few additions have been made here and there, but the details are still being ironed out between myself and the respective CO's.

I would expect that we'll resume the campaign near the end of June or early July.

• Moderators
Well strictly 50 is closer to 50 than 45 is...

But I was thinking of the Leopard 1A5. TIS, very high mobility, lethal gun.

True, but some of the points factored in has to do with playability. The AI isn't too bad at using it sure, but a human in a Leo AS1 is infinitely better (usually, depending on the specimen). If there was a playable Centauro then 60 points would probably be about right but that is splitting hairs I think.