Operation VARIABLE

Tacbat

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its pronounced Aluminum. Anyway continuity is key to these things and I think we are starting to lose said continuity. Be of good cheer however, Op Variable once it resumes is forecasted to last another 5-6 months.

Well, what can I say? Sometimes real life gets in the way of stuff we'd rather be doing. Both sides had their info in, but I didn't have the time to drop everything on the map and check it this week.

I wish we could play a campaign straight through from beginning to end each week, but as it turns out, that's a little over ambitious. I do what I can when I can, but at the end of the day, it's just a game. Maybe the next Campaign Coordinator will be more efficient with his time.

What we need is an automatic campaign generator so that stats could be complied from one mission and brought over to another mission. In the meantime, it will have to be done manually, and unfortunately, that is a time consuming process.

• 2 weeks later...

It was a blast if you were on the Blue team.... Red team went on the offensive, and sent the bulk of their heavy armored platoons across the bridge in the north in two waves.

The attack, which intended to establish a beachhead in the east, ran head long into a coiled snake of infantry and elite tank units. It was absorbed and then ruthlessly crushed. The Red forces lost some 16 front line tanks, and a small number of IFV's. Blue managed the battle with the lose of only 2 MBT's and a low number of infantry loses.

From any perspective, it was a major defeat for the Red forces. One can only guess that the Red Army thought the addition of a few veterans from days gone bye would give them and edge. A foolish mistake.

The elite Armor units of Alfa company, (which still contains tank units from the first battle) were more than a match. This company,(The most decorated, and best equipped force in all of the Blue army), was responsible for the majority of the destruction on this day.

Defeat is a condition Red has come to know on a regular basis, when faced with these men.

The elite Armor units of Alfa company, was responsible for the majority of the destruction on this day.

Not to take away anything from a well executed defense from blue, but broken software killed more then anything. Let's play again in a version where things die or in some way react when you shoot it and see how that turns out ;)

I take this occasion to congratulate the new players on their contributions to the battle on Friday, and yet again encourage anyone who hasnt yet showed up to join next Fridays game. As always, self perceived experience and abilities do not matter, all new players are welcome and everyone is willing to help. All anyone asks is to courteously act in accordance with the respective COs plan.

Mog