Operation VARIABLE

Tacbat

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boundaries for mission 7:

Tacbat,

Although I would agree that blue doesn't hold Northrock with only a Hummer in it, I don't believe red should be able to claim it either. They had nothing even with eyes on it in the end of the mission. Surely it should be in no mans land so that red can't deploy infantry unseen. Especially as blue had recon assets in northrock. Its close enough to the red deploy that they can easily reinforce it but i feel deployment into it should be restricted.

not trying to question your running of it just my 2c.

Being an annoying dickhead!.
Besides that, you mean? I switched sides because Sean said I could, okay?

I was also getting shot at by Mog while Blue, who tried to make it look like an AI "accident". And when the 22nd rolls around, I hope I get something more armored than a Humvee platoon. Speaking of which Tacbat, why don't you force Mog to play as Red so he can't TK me? :D

• Moderators
Besides that, you mean? I switched sides because Sean said I could, okay?

I was also getting shot at by Mog while Blue, who tried to make it look like an AI "accident". And when the 22nd rolls around, I hope I get something more armored than a Humvee platoon. Speaking of which Tacbat, why don't you force Mog to play as Red so he can't TK me? :D

Some helpful advice:

I think you need to stick with Red for the duration of the campaign. I doubt the experience will get much better for you; it is frowned upon when people switch sides just because it might be going badly at that given moment, so what do you expect to happen? Just remember that you earn more respect when you fight it out to the last rather than giving up and jumping ship. Someone else that used to play would do the same thing and he caught all kinds of FLAK for it as well...

I don't recall anyone wanting to join Blue in the first three or four weeks when we are getting our anus kicked. Someone that swaps sides carries no confidence that they would not do so again if things went badly for Blue. People just don't want someone like that on their team and you can't really blame them.

Speaking of which Tacbat, why don't you force Mog to play as Red so he can't TK me? :D

Because that makes no sense what so ever. It very clearly states in the rules for the campaign that "Players are asked to choose a side for the duration of the campaign." The only foreseeable reason for a side swap would be if one side didn't have enough players and both CO's agree to balance the teams so the mission can be played.

If you don't want to play on Red, then don't bother showing up. Also, if you're not being a team player, I would expect that neither side will want you, and you'll be prevented from participating further. If you're only being given one or two vehicles, then take the hint that you can't be trusted with anything else.

It's true that TGIF is open to any and all, but if you're ruining the fun and experience for those involved, then you better reassess the way you're doing business. A lot of time goes into preparing each mission, and the CO's spend an equal amount of time developing their plan of action. If it all gets pissed away for no reason, and no one is having fun, then why bother doing it in the first place? Perhaps I should open a poll in here to see what the participants in Op Variable think about your continued presence in this campaign?

I shot that humvee because my TC identified a red infiltrator was driving it. It was no accident. Im sure the TC will do the same if a similar situation arises again. Consider that carefully next time.

Mog would never switch sides because i thought my side wasn't winning. That's just gutless.

Mog

I shot that humvee because my TC identified a red infiltrator was driving it. Im sure the TC will do the same if a similar situation arises again.
You weren't even originally assigned to the last tank in 1/D anyway, and I was Blue, therefore, the TC would not have squawked. All this thread is becoming is an excuse to bash me. I will now speak: I joined Blue because I didn't think Red knew what the **** it was doing, and for no other reason. Sean said I could at the end of the preceding mission, and I said that I might do it. So you want me to go back to Red, and open myself up for even more flak from both sides? I don't think so; I started this, and I'm going to finish it. The pretentious shit about me is going too far: slandering of my character, talk of polls to determine my continuing play in Operation VARIABLE, and the like. This is NOT what this thread is about. Let's move on, perhaps with Mog being forced to play on Red so as to not have any more "TCs detecting Red infiltrators" shit, and move on in this thread. If you can't move on in this thread beyond giving me trouble, then Sean, LOCK THIS THREAD.

• Moderators
You weren't even originally assigned to the last tank in 1/D anyway, and I was Blue, therefore, the TC would not have squawked.

He was being sarcastic if I am not mistaken.

All this thread is becoming is an excuse to bash me.

I don't think so.

I joined Blue because I didn't think Red knew what the **** it was doing, and for no other reason.

That is precisely the point. And when you think Blue doesn't know what it is doing because we start losing then, what? You switch back again? If you think Red doesn't know what it is doing then perhaps you should CO. Besides, Red seemed to know perfectly well what they were doing in the first four weeks of the campaign until the recent reversal -- but there wasn't a problem with their ability during that time, right?

So you want me to go back to Red, and open myself up for even more flak from both sides?

Yes, that is the lesser of two evils.

I don't think so; I started this, and I'm going to finish it.

Yes, you should "finish it" on the team you started on.

Let me go ahead and cut to the chase: I certainly do not condone what was done in the last match (the fratricide) and that needs to stop. On the other hand, the situation has become too disruptive with your flip flopping of sides in the middle of the campaign just because the chips are down, so here is the easiest way to solve this problem:

Change back to Red in the next mission or you *will* be kicked from the Assembly Area. Period. Besides the fact that it is stated in the basic rules of the campaign that you have to play on the same side for the duration, I can't have you on Blue if it is going to be completely disruptive. I have enough stuff to worry about in the mission itself. This is getting outrageous to be honest. It makes no sense whatsover for you to swap to the side that might be doing better at the moment, and then have the people that you do not get along with forced to switch to the other side to accomodate you.

The pretentious shit about me is going too far: slandering of my character, talk of polls to determine my continuing play in Operation VARIABLE, and the like. This is NOT what this thread is about. Let's move on, perhaps with Mog being forced to play on Red so as to not have any more "TCs detecting Red infiltrators" shit, and move on in this thread. If you can't move on in this thread beyond giving me trouble, then Sean, LOCK THIS THREAD.

Slandering? Get a grip on yourself. You changed sides in the middle of the campaign because the side you was on happened to have a change in fortune. Is that gutless, spineless, and dishonerable? Well, this is just game so there is no way of really knowing a person's whole character, but some people would say yes. At the very least it is not something that a team player would do and apparently some people do not like that quality (or lack there of).

You simply need to restore respect with the community plain and simple. The only way to do this is to eliminate the idea that you can switch sides whenever you want so that you guarantee that you will always bask in the glow of victory. You brought this on to yourself when you thought that swapping sides would be greated with delight by everyone participating the campaign.

You are mistaken if the Op Variable thread will be locked because of something you disagree with. I will expect that no one will resort to personal attacks in this thread.

• Administrators

DA - you know you should keep such thoughts off the forums.

I asked CC to leave after he expressed displeasure with the red leadership. It wasn't really an option for him to stay. It's utlimately up to Volcano to decide if he wants him on blue or not.