Can't Find the Post...

iamfritz
Go to solution Solved by Gibsonm,

Hey Group, I'm looking for that post and video about how to group a collection of platoons to move across the map together as a Company/Battalion for an assault. I found it a few months ago and got it to work but I forgot how and am now looking for it again.

Any  help or links would be appreciated!

2 hours ago, Gibsonm said:

Are you after the Task Force one or the one where APCs and their dismounts advance together?

Try this for the group as a Task Force (starts at about 5 mins):

Inf / APC co-operation:

EDIT:

I'm trying to move a CPY or BRG together. I now see that it works for friendly units in game, but I seem to have to jump to each unit and tell them to move out to get everyone moving.

I was hoping to get a Soviet BRG moving like in those cool Cold War movies of USSR Armor onslought moving across the plains of Germany.

Edited by iamfritz

• Members

Well, you can combine units to a task force and have them travel while trying to maintain formation, but task forces can be defined only during the Planning and Execution Phase. This is still possible for you in single player mode is you play a scenario in Test Mode from within the Mission Editor (because there you may switch sides during the planning phase). But you can't do this while creating the scenario itself. Here, you'd have to resort to copying file paths, and pasting them to other units that are supposed to execute similar maneuvers in a synchronized fashion.