Two possible bugs, and a real one

TankHunter

Ok, I have some possible bugs, and a nice full bug that I discovered in the previous TGIF.

In MP I have had my TC give me APFSDS but the loader failed to switch the selector from HEAT. Thus APFSDS was a risk to low earth orbit objects, and probably still is. That or it brained some poor grandmother somewhere in Canada.

Information on larger MP games may be problematic. One player claimed to have been writing in the text message box in Pro PE and sending the messages. Apparently no one saw them. Also I had a tank from my section immobilized but it still showed as part of my section until I tried to redeploy the section. The previous two may just be due to lag, but I mention them just incase.

The apparent major bug is with the AI knowing where enemy units are. If an enemy shows up on the map and is in physical range of the friendly unit’s weapons, the AI will look at the exact direction of that enemy unit, even if the friendly unit looking (this isn’t the unit that detected the contact in the first place) has no LOS due to it being blocked by trees, terrain features and worse, blocked by all of those items previously mentioned. I know that the AI was looking directly at an enemy when it had no LOS simply by sending a round downrange through trees. The round scored a kill when it impacted the center of the side hull. I suspect that the rest of the AI units are doing the same thing.

• Members
In MP I have had my TC give me APFSDS but the loader failed to switch the selector from HEAT.

Leopard, I presume?

The apparent major bug is with the AI knowing where enemy units are. If an enemy shows up on the map and is in physical range of the friendly unit’s weapons, the AI will look at the exact direction of that enemy unit, even if the friendly unit looking (this isn’t the unit that detected the contact in the first place) has no LOS due to it being blocked by trees, terrain features and worse, blocked by all of those items previously mentioned. I know that the AI was looking directly at an enemy when it had no LOS simply by sending a round downrange through trees. The round scored a kill when it impacted the center of the side hull. I suspect that the rest of the AI units are doing the same thing.

Interesting. We may want to fix that.