Moving from temp license to full version

General Tobruk

Hi, My 4 month temp just expired so I purchased the full license (actually an upgrade from 2.x).

Questions: do I need to reinstall full game again or can I just activate my currently expired version? If so, how would I do this?

Also, I still have my old codemeter stick from about 2005.  Should I use this or wait for a new stick?

Thanks

• Members

I'm not entirely sure that I understand what just happened.

You could have ordered a "4.3 Upgrade from 3.0 or older" for $95.- in our web shop, and continued to use your old CM stick. You seem to have, however, ordered a new classic license (thank you for your support!) for $115.- plus shipping. In this case my recommendation would be to wait with the activation of the license ticket until the new CM stick arrives. You could try to sell the old CM stick on eBay or keep it for whatever other reason. In any case, while CM sticks last for decades, well, since you just bought a new one you might just as well use it.

It is however not required. You can activate the new license with the old CM stick.

Since you seem to have played SB Pro PE 4.3 in the last months, a reinstallation is not necessary. It's just that the license expired, is all. The ticket for the new classic license that you received contains TWO licenses - another one-month license that you can use while you wait for Mr. Postman to bring you a letter from our web shop - and the classic license itself that would then go on the CM stick, whichever you may choose.

That is strange since my receipt indicates that I upgraded from 3.0 and was charged $95 USD?? Check order 5275.

Upgrade License from version 3.0 and OLDER × 1

$95.00

Update:  Okay I just plugged in my codemeter and click on the url indicated in my email an it indicated that "all licenses are activated".  I then started the game without any issue.  I am assuming that the licensing info was transferred to the stick, but it could be that I am just operating on the 1 month temp license.

I was not asked specifically to identify the stick for file transfer purposes.

Edited by General Tobruk

• Members

The WebDepot automatically selects the USB stick or the virtual CodeMeter container, depending on the type of license that you're trying to activate. It isn't possible to transfer a classic license to a virtual device (just as USB sticks can't be used for time-based licenses).

In a similar fashion, upgrade licenses will check for the presence of a suitable classic license, or else fail to activate.

In rare cases a license gets activated but not transferred. You can check if the license is on your CM stick with the WebAdmin.

https://www.steelbeasts.com/topic/7797-license-activation-how-to/?do=findComment&comment=192539

If  the transfer fails, please contact me by email and I'll retrieve your license update file from the server.