New Here

SSG LESTER
Go to solution Solved by Gibsonm,

• Solution
1 hour ago, SSG LESTER said:

Thanks

Welcome!

Normally the Release Notes (listing what's new, what's fixed, etc.) are posted on about the same day as the update is released.

The public comment to date has been "February" but that can mean 28 Feb, or indeed it could slide right.

Historically eSim's approach has been to ensure an update is right before release, not locked into hard dates. If there is an issue, then expect a delay until that is fixed, as opposed to getting a buggy release in February - just because someone drew a circle on a calendar.

Edited by Gibsonm

How do we go about updating if a patch is announced here in the forum?

And, welcome SSG Lester! Yes, there's a lot to learn, but it's completely worth it. SB Pro is highly addictive. I just got back to it after being away for quite a while, and didn't realize until I started using it again how much I had missed it. I finally bought a meter stick, and install and activation was a breeze, so I was happy.

I just discovered last night, after trying out all the tanks in-game to re-familiarize myself, that the German Leopards are my favorite tanks. Previously, I had always been focused on the Abrams, just because it was familiar to me (I'm retired military, though I never served in armor). But this time I decided to try everybody's stuff, and I love the Leopards. The little Swedish number is quite likable, too. Blasted an Mi-24 in the air last night. I was like, "Yep! I meant to do that! Yeah." but I'm not sure that I'd like to try to repeat that on demand in front of people, LOL!

Anyway, welcome to the community, and enjoy the best armor sim that money can buy!

17 minutes ago, TSe419E said:

Updating is the same as installing.  Sometimes you can patch directly over your current instalation, other times it is recomended to uninstall first.  It just depends.  The instalation notes for the update will let you know.

Great! Many thanks for the information, TSe419E! 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi! I'm a brand-new Steel Beasts member and I'm thrilled to be a part of this group. I've only recently started playing the game, so I'm eager to find out more. I joined this site in order to learn more about the game's strategies and tactics from more seasoned players. I want to learn more about the game and get better at playing it. As I advance in the game, I am looking forward to communicating with other players and sharing my own experiences.

1 minute ago, jimmyanderson2023 said:

Hi! I'm a brand-new Steel Beasts member and I'm thrilled to be a part of this group. I've only recently started playing the game, so I'm eager to find out more. I joined this site in order to learn more about the game's strategies and tactics from more seasoned players. I want to learn more about the game and get better at playing it. As I advance in the game, I am looking forward to communicating with other players and sharing my own experiences.

Welcome to the forum!

Can I suggest you have a look at this as an initial step:

https://www.steelbeasts.com/sbwiki/index.php?title=Starter_Pack