Terrain resolution

Scrapper_511

Along with improvements that have been hinted for the next iteration of SB, I also hope that the map resolution is increased. Presently, drawing terrain types diagonally will produce jagged lines in 2D and exacerbated in the 3D world. So when the desired design effect is a neat patchwork of agricultural fields, there is a rather unsightly ground like so:

SS_11_03_42.thumb.jpg.2c192ff879746e2442378c35404bf2e9.jpgSS_11_06_20.thumb.jpg.8ad1fa3b0bb84ee0cbf681ce61de017b.jpg

The severe jagged edges are mostly alleviated only when terrain is drawn in perfect vertical and horizontal orientation. In either case, I have used dirt paths and roads in an attempt to create the illusion of straighter edges but too often the product still leaves something to be desired.

Also, it'd be a huge time save to be able to cut n paste these patchwork because evidently they're everywhere IRL.

13 minutes ago, Scrapper_511 said:

Along with improvements that have been hinted for the next iteration of SB, I also hope that the map resolution is increased.

Just remember higher resolution =

Larger file sizes

Longer load times

Potential performance hit - depending on what your settings are.

Maybe a need for a new PC / Graphics card.

etc.

Its all a compromise.