Kanium Sunday 26th of February "Hasty Defense 01 (DE) by Volcano"

Assassin 7

"Red Tide 1986"

This is a West German Leopard 2A4 company team tasked with conducting a hasty defense in sector of a Soviet style motorized rifle battalion (T-72 and BMP-1).

Size: large

Length: 50 minutes

Responsibility level:
    lowest required: company
    highest allowed: company

Multiplayer capability:
    co-operative: yes
    head to head: yes

Created by: Edward Williams
Date created: 05 SEP 07
Date modified: 17 MAR 11

"Red Tide 1986"
(Defend FTX 17-2-E1202) 

1) Situation: 

Weather is clear, visibilty is about 2500 meters.  Ground condition is extremely dry from the lack of rain in these summer months.  Expect dust levels to be high causing obscuration.  This should give us an advantage over the enemy when we utilize our thermal sights and will allow us to easier detect the enemy's advance. 

Enemy Forces:  Intelligence estimates Soviet Guards forces on the advance towards Frankfurt.  They are relentlessly driving forward in an attempt to overwealm our defenses and shatter the 1st Armored Division's line of defense.  Enemy forces in our area appear to be composed of one full strength T-72 tank battalion reinforced by a BMP-1 motorized rifle company. 

Friendly Forces:  Your forces consist of 1./143.Panzer.Btl made up of three Leopard 2A4 MBT platoons, a Marder 1A3 IFV platoon, a M113/FO and supporting elements.  Two recon platoons of Spahpanzer Luchs (ASLAV-25s) from the division Aufk battalion are screening the battalion's forward positions. ***Be adivised, our units are currently at about 40% ammo/fuel capacity so they should be resupplied as the situation permits.***

2) Mission: 

1./143.Panzer.Btl will conduct a hasty defense in sector to prevent further advance of soviet forces towards the west.

3) Execution: 

We will assume a hasty defense of the sector southwest of Fulda. The defense should be in depth and flexible so that we can fall back if necissary and draw the enemy forces into engagement areas of our choosing. It is vital that we repel the enemy advance or Frankfurt will be threatened.

Scheme of Maneuver: The team will take up positions of the company commanders choosing in an attempt to deny the enemy  passage through our lines. Care should be taken to coordinate movement with the cavalry platoons located to our front in order to ensure maximum cooperation and remove any possibility of fratricide.

Concept of Fires:  1./143.Panzer.Btl will have at its disposal HE, smoke and ICM provided by three batteries of M109 SP Howitzers. The FOs will accompany our CO and coordinate fires in the M113/FO.  Four pre-plotted priority targets are available for use and referencing.

Priority of fires are H Co (HHC) and then A Co (1.Kompanie). 

Engineer support: None. 

4) Service and Support: 

Supply: Fuel and ammo will be on hand to provide resupply if needed and will be coordinated by the XO. 

Designer's notes:

*Do not move east of FEBA, north or sourth of the boundary lines, or off the west edge of the map or your unit will be destoyed. This represents either leaving the battlespace or, in the case of the FEBA, destroyed by enemy units.

*You must prevent the enemy from breaking through to the west for 60 minutes. The enemy will break through if they move west of the dashed line labeled "ENY breakthrough zone". If the enemy breaks through then the mission will end immediately in a defeat.

*This scenario has a condensed OPFOR arrival time format. An actual soviet style attack will   develop first with the combat reconnaissance patrol/forward patrol (CRP/FP), followed by the   
forward security element (FSE) at +20 minutes, then the AGMB will arive at +60 minutes. To remove most of the time spent waiting, the OPFOR attack has been condensed into 1/4 time scale.

Created by: 
Volcano Man

SS_17_35_01.jpg

Manning List

A66 Leopard 2A4: Grenny (Kanium,GE)

FO M113:

1A Leopard 2A4

1/1/A-Higgs (Kanium,CH)

2/1/A-Badger (Kanium,CAN)

3/1/A-

4/1/A-Cavgunner (Kanium,US)

2A Leopard 2A4

1/2/A-Major Duck (Kanium,DK)

2/2/A-Connaugh (Kanium,US)

3/2/A-

4/2/A-Sioctan (Kanium,NL)

3A Leopard 2A4

1/3/A-

2/3/A- Mirar

3/3/A-

4/3/A- Lusik (Team Saber,UK)

4A Marder 1A3

1/4/A-Kingtiger (Kanium,SE)

2/4/A-Snoggy (Kanium,CAN)

3/4/A-

4/4/A-Wiglif (Kanium,US)

1H Luchs

1/1/H- JAG-11A (Kanium,US)

2/1/H- Hedge (UK Armor,UK)

4/1/H-

2H Luchs

1/2/H-Lumi (Team Saber,FI)

2/2/H-

4/2/H-

CSS

A7: SUPPLY AND MEDIC

RESERVE:

Per orders - Other assets initially unmanned, until the other PLTs are full

OPFOR:

VI - none needed

Where needed:

Cant make it:

Assassin (Kanium,US)

Nike-Ajax (Kanium,DK)

Hosting:

Major Duck

(11/11)

Edited by Assassin 7

7 hours ago, mirar said:

2/3/A please

Hi and welcome

If you haven't played with us before then here are a few things you need to do before sunday

TS 3 address:
ts3.din-server.dk:10000

I will teach you the Radio simulation we use , i am on the TS3 server sunday 1 hour before the game starts

Mappack
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1s2iHFb5AYOjFgDFQL0cuBGq7C_pDHV_I?usp=sharing
Look in SB options/Filepath thats where they are suppose to go when unpacked NB its a hidden folder so you need to have show hidden folders/file on

MD

10 hours ago, Major duck said:

Hi and welcome

If you haven't played with us before then here are a few things you need to do before sunday

TS 3 address:
ts3.din-server.dk:10000

I will teach you the Radio simulation we use , i am on the TS3 server sunday 1 hour before the game starts

Mappack
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1s2iHFb5AYOjFgDFQL0cuBGq7C_pDHV_I?usp=sharing
Look in SB options/Filepath thats where they are suppose to go when unpacked NB its a hidden folder so you need to have show hidden folders/file on

MD

A friend would potentially join on Sunday as well, we would multicrew 2/3/A in that case if that is OK.

See you 1800 GMT in TS then.

11 minutes ago, Gladiator(911) said:

Just as info: A german tank platoon usually have 4 tanks. 🤓😉

Have fun guys and good shots👍

Nowadays yes, but I think it used to be just 3 back in the days.
This scenario is one of those that come with the base game by the way and I think it has 3 tanks in each platoon in that version as well.

2 hours ago, Higgs said:

Nowadays yes, but I think it used to be just 3 back in the days.
This scenario is one of those that come with the base game by the way and I think it has 3 tanks in each platoon in that version as well.

They had 3 tanks only once in the mid 90's for like 4 years and was only a test for a few batallions. But they skipped this variety with only 3 tanks per platoon and went back to the old 4 tank-platoon-variety. Before the 80's they had 5 tanks in a platoon. After the 80's they got used to have 4 until today.

3 never made sense bcs when u lost only 1 tank in your platoon, you're already just a section. 4 makes most sense and are simply most flexible.

Edited by Gladiator(911)

5 hours ago, Gladiator(911) said:

Just as info: A german tank platoon usually have 4 tanks. 🤓😉

Have fun guys and good shots👍

Adjusted from SB default mission to standard german tank platoon's of 4 with same ammunition count as scripted on mission.

Edited by Assassin 7

2 hours ago, Gladiator(911) said:

They had 3 tanks only once in the mid 90's for like 4 years and was only a test for a few batallions. But they skipped this variety with only 3 tanks per platoon and went back to the old 4 tank-platoon-variety. Before the 80's they had 5 tanks in a platoon. After the 80's they got used to have 4 until today.

3 never made sense bcs when u lost only 1 tank in your platoon, you're already just a section. 4 makes most sense and are simply most flexible.

3 tanks per plt and 4 plt gives more options to the company commander. But the platoons are less flexibe (basicly the 3 tk have to manouvre as one)

4 tanks per platoon and 3 plt per company, gives more options to the plt leader (bounding overwatch with 2 sections becomes and option...for example)... but the company CO has one less plt to "play" with

On 2/22/2023 at 11:46 PM, JAG-11A said:

I'll take an ASLAV - where needed for those.  Rounding out the callsigns.  Thanks.

EDIT:  Change to FUCHs

For all the players volunteering for the recon elements.

We further "germanized" the old scenario. So the recon units will have 2x LUCHS 1A2 and 1 FUCHS 1A6 each....instead of the ASLAV

20 hours ago, Lumituisku said:

I intend to come and round up as many of my friends as i can. I'm thinking that we would take aslaw platoon. 

For all the players volunteering for the recon elements.

We further "germanized" the old scenario. So the recon units will have 2x LUCHS 1A2 and 1 FUCHS 1A6 each....instead of the ASLAV

4 hours ago, Major duck said:

So 1 and 4 are Luchs and 2 are Fuchs in both Hotel PLTS

Looking at you @Lumituisku and Team Sabre and @Hedgehog and @JAG-11A

MD

I have quite few willing to come..  but there needs to be some sorting yet. I probably can reliably man only 1 vehicle, possibly 2.  

Edited by Lumituisku