SB Pro PE 4.377

Ssnake

• Members

It will be at least a full installer. Maybe also a patch installer, depending on whether major artwork resource files have changed. No point building a patch installer if it doesn't conserve a lot of memory/download volume compared to the full installer. Also, we want to avoid the concatenation of patch installers so you don't have to keep a long chain of them that must be applied in exact order.

• Ssnake changed the title to SB Pro PE 4.377
  • Members

Changed the thread title, we've settled for a version number.

I'd call it an update, not a mere patch. Of course, bugfixing dominates. Most importantly, we'll get rid of a critical issus that resulted in the loss of a number of time-based licenses under Windows 11 in the last months. If you were affected by it, please contact me.

Release notes will go up later today.

• Members

I expect the new version to be made available by Thursday (this might mean Friday in Australia); we want to give the web installer a final check before the release (and it needs to be built first). Sean will post the Release Notes as soon as he's ready, possibly ahead of the actual installer.

28 minutes ago, delta6 said:

My computer needed a reboot..Everything has been replaced except for the maps in SBPRO..I get a window in game "Maps D OK Cancel..And no way to play..All of the maps have been published so i cannot add or change things...What did i break this time??

Did you already download the update?  I didn't see it on the esims website or any kind of announcement.

17 hours ago, Sean said:

I've attached the release notes.  Enjoy.

SBProPE_4-377_RN.pdf 705.16 kB · 85 downloads

GIMMIE GIMMIE GIMMIE GIMMIE!

:)

For any armed unit in a scenario, Mission Designers may now set both the initial
loadout of ammunition (at mission start), and the default amounts to which it will
be replenished by nearby ammo trucks

Nice

Did you fix the "trench shifting after a save" bug?

Edited by Hedgehog

• Moderators
4 hours ago, Hedgehog said:

Did you fix the "trench shifting after a save" bug?

Do you mean the bug with the trench getting slightly smaller each time you save and reopen the scenario in the Mission Editor?

If so, the answer is yes and no. It was fixed but, through a series of misunderstandings, it unfortunately didn't make it into this installer. Any future patch should have it included though. 😳

4 hours ago, Volcano said:

Do you mean the bug with the trench getting slightly smaller each time you save and reopen the scenario in the Mission Editor?

Yeah, that one

4 hours ago, Volcano said:

If so, the answer is yes and no. It was fixed but, through a series of misunderstandings, it unfortunately didn't make it into this installer. Any future patch should have it included though. 😳

Fuck's sake.

*rolls eyes*

• Moderators

Yep, that is what we said, actually.  But we thought it wasn't worth delaying it another week (there is always something).

Certainly there will be issues to work though, as with any update, and hopefully we can take care of them all and get this fix to everyone in the near future.   👍