No opponents needed

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators
This thread was locked, why has it opened again????

Well apparently one of the admins must of thought it was locked by mistake. Why would it be locked in the first place? It makes no sense. What was said in the thread that would put it under the grounds for it being locked? Unless someone petitioned for it being locked because they wanted to censor replies. In that case, I want all threads locked immediately after I post to them.

Well is seams that PB911 are giving up on the Wednesday games against SB-Generals due to the fact that they do not enjoy losing almost every week half as much as we enjoy winning.

Obnoxious in victory, bitter in defeat. With such ungracious remarks, its little wonder to me you cannot find opponents. Im with the 911 guys on this one. Why should they put up with that kind of crap.

Edited by Mogwa
LOL SBG does not get to vote on which threads to close. LOL

The core questions:

Map updates or No map updates,

Simulator or Game,

Gamers vs Military,

Live or Memorex

>O<MG, roflmao... oh no! i shit myself! oh crap (no pun intended) this is funny!

is memorex still in business? is it walmart?

me versus them(s)

someone else be King Tiger's entertainment for the night ;) kiss, kiss.

i gotta tab out.

Edited by Hackworth
anyone ever listen to early butth'o'le surfers?

That is not your call to make because you are not a moderator. Just because it goes off topic or you personally don't like what is being said does not mean it doesn't have any discussion value. There would be a lot of locked threads if we admins/moderators felt like that.

After all, you were the one who made the contentious remark... how can you expect not to draw a response?

P.S. The oversight that allowed you to lock threads has now been fixed.

• Administrators

Yes, that would be great. It's on the list as an enhancement.

I would like to play a little more realistic, as I use to train in RL: map update for friendly unit, no map update for ennemy (but with the possibility to create eny map icon, which misses for now)

i'm down to play OPFOR. any other Geister Wolves in?

what time is mission start and do you use the eSim TS IP?

Maybe this should be modeled more like a European TGIF...come as you are.

Im up for it Hack. It just have to be scheduled, in a time that fit's EU/US timezone. If we could also make it fit EU, US and Australian TZ i know that Panzer have been talking about getting back into SB as well.

Any chance we could come up with a time that fits all involved?

PS. I'd like to get Vacuero in to, but hes still having problems with SB and his router. And it just wouldent be fair vs the generals if Vac came back :P

Well,

I have read this whole thing here now and I like to say somthing, too. First of all, I wonder why SBG has brought this thing up here, discussing about a situation, where the honorable members of SB.com have no clue about it. But it has happend, so...

Maybe some points. We do have the wendaysbattles against the SBG a long time now. which was great and we have had a lot of fun. But if members of our german community start to being upset, start to not attend to the wendsdays battles cause there are pissed about the BF2 like gameplay SBGs prefer, this is a damn good reason to start think about it and see, how to make our own member happy.

There has been a lot of stuff called, but on my personal try to make a szenario, where the map is limited as far as possible to make people to use more realistic behaviors has been answered by Billy with the following:

The wenesday battles should be simple and straightforward, if we want to do somthing else other than that, perhaps we should look at another day in the week and we need someone that is willing to spend time on what you mentioned above. I personally dont have time to look at, create, or really discuss scenarios in advance.

Wednesday battles should remain how it is. A weekly battle, Head too head. Different Units, force and objectives should continue how it is. Both sides should rotate on choosing a scenario each week and it should be winable for both sides simple.

I ask you guys to choose a scenario for us for tommorow, as we have nothing .

If you guys dont want to play with us, thats fine.

But I will still ask on the night because we all like to keep the wednesday battle going.

That is exacly the reason why 911 is going to draw the fights against the SBG down to twice, maybe once a month. I do read this to a simple line: They like to play BF2 style.

There is nothing wrong with that, but both sides have to agree to that way of gameplay. And since this is our server, paid by our money and there for our sort of gameplay it is up to US to decide what to do and what not.

And SBG, to bring this up here in SB.COM, complaining about this, drawing us as the bad guys on the wall will definetly NOT help to do any better!!!

Have a look for others, maybe you find some other people "playing" Steelbeasts as you like. But I do have the feeling, you should not count at 911 anymore. This here has been to much!

Thiefcatcher out!

Well,

I have read this whole thing here now and I like to say somthing, too. First of all, I wonder why SBG has brought this thing up here, discussing about a situation, where the honorable members of SB.com have no clue about it. But it has happend, so...

Maybe some points. We do have the wendaysbattles against the SBG a long time now. which was great and we have had a lot of fun. But if members of our german community start to being upset, start to not attend to the wendsdays battles cause there are pissed about the BF2 like gameplay SBGs prefer, this is a damn good reason to start think about it and see, how to make our own member happy.

There has been a lot of stuff called, but on my personal try to make a szenario, where the map is limited as far as possible to make people to use more realistic behaviors has been answered by Billy with the following:

That is exacly the reason why 911 is going to draw the fights against the SBG down to twice, maybe once a month. I do read this to a simple line: They like to play BF2 style.

There is nothing wrong with that, but both sides have to agree to that way of gameplay. And since this is our server, paid by our money and there for our sort of gameplay it is up to US to decide what to do and what not.

And SBG, to bring this up here in SB.COM, complaining about this, drawing us as the bad guys on the wall will definetly NOT help to do any better!!!

Have a look for others, maybe you find some other people "playing" Steelbeasts as you like. But I do have the feeling, you should not count at 911 anymore. This here has been to much!

Thiefcatcher out!

I agree with you thief , and being a member of SBG i know i am gonna get shit for saying this but i have to say it as i strongly believe in it .

its fun to play with SBG and pzbn911, however both sides have a diffrent way of playing. ]

SBG players plan is more or less based on thinking of great Fidel and great billy , both of whome like to charge into battle irespective of losses to their own units. they simply jump to other units. Billy often charges alone ahead of others. SBG playing style is more or less gamer orinted.

however ive seen SBG very flexible in tough situations. which is great.

as for pz911 they are really professional and their way of doing things is very realistic, they often try to preserve their vechs ,withdrawing when under fire (SBG would just charge)

also the wed battles are more ofter played on unrealistic scens ,with both sides equal .

sometimes there is advantage but not realistic leavel.

the reasons why PZ911 loses and SBG wins because they are not in the same class. they souldnt even be playing together. unless both sides can come to a middle point where they both make a few concessions, perharps SBG will play without map updates and agree to limitted number of vechs for each player. this will ensure SBG players conserve their vechs ,insted of charging into eny.

just my view on the subject.

ive played with both pzbn and sbg seperatly. thats what ive noticed.

i got respect for both sides. but since this was posted here ,which i think was uncalled for. ive decided to try and post a netural point of view.

but If Billy and Fidel think i am betraying SBG then i am sorry u think that way . if u want me out then i shall leave with no issues of hard feelings.

thats all folks. regards

Ash

Well is seams that PB911 are giving up on the Wednesday games against SB-Generals due to the fact that they do not enjoy losing almost every week half as much as we enjoy winning.

So I'm putting the call out to see in any others feel like forming a team and trying to stand against us.

For those that don't follow SBG we are a team of about 20 players that get together throughout the week and practice as small groups (companies) then form up for a big game at least once a week.

Up until now PB911 have been very worthy opponents and we have had to work hard to maintain our winning streak. We are looking for new challengers that think they have what it takes to beat the Generals.:ANI_DI:

Sorry, all but where did I post anything about BF2, our game play style, or in anyway put down PB911 or their style of play. Others have brought this in to the thread.

As for my reason for the post it was simply as I stated, to find out if their are any others that want to play against SBG. Sorry to PB911 and the others who have read so much in to such a simple post.

Sorry what? Where? I just stated what from my view is the truth. And if I have the option to close a thread I make I can use that option as I see fit. I see that option has been removed now though.

The statement that was quoted by 2 other people. Obviously, I am not the only one who found it a bit pompous. You stated it as a fact when it was merely just your opinion. Why do you find it surprising that not everyone agrees with your perception of the "truth"?

The statement that was quoted by 2 other people. Obviously, I am not the only one who found it a bit pompous. You stated it as a fact when it was merely just your opinion. Why do you find it surprising that not everyone agrees with your perception of the "truth"?

Ah that, yes, I see what you mean. I can see how it could be miss read as such by people who don't have all the facts or read all the posts or heard of the chatter. From what has been said here and on other forums it stands true and I don't see any rebuttals, from PB911 or SBG members, to it. Maybe I should have write "due to PB911 members stating they are not enjoying playing against us and losing more often than not half as much as we enjoy winning", but that would be a lie as none of them said that. You see I could write this many ways and all could be miss read, miss interpreted or twisted by the uninformed to mean just as many different things. I stand by my statement and do see from where I am that it is a fact that PB911 are no longer enjoying the to play against SBG. (for what ever reason) and that WE (SBG) enjoy to play and win against them. No matter what the tactics or restrictions of the mission at hand. And to piss you off even more. I'm sure SBG could give and group playing any tactics a good run for their money and enjoy doing too, win or lose. I stand by our members and our 'style' of game play. This crap about Simmer or gamer is an old argument and I thought most of us had risen above its pettiness to be able to enjoy SB for what it is. A truly awesome peace of military grade software capable of providing years of enjoyment no matter how its used to those that are willing to learn its nuances and adapt to them. I for one like to play against other tactics and styles than my own. I can only learn new tricks to use and adapt so as to ensue victory more often. If I feel like being contentious, pompous or gloating about my and the VU of which I'm a member's victories, is that not my right?

Can I also say that I don't think that my original post put down anyone in any way, and I apologise if anyone took it as an insult. It was just meant as a simplified version of what was happening with a humerus tone. I guess not everyone can take a joke. I also stand by this part of the post too.

... until now PB911 have been very worthy opponents ....
they have been and I'm sure they will continue to be. I appreciate the time and money PB911 have spent setting up their server and all joking aside believe the long running Wednesday games would not have been possible without them. yes we all complain about things that are not to our liking, but we enjoy to play and put a lot of effort in to providing the best fight we can for PB911. I'm sorry PB911 feel we are too gamy for their liking and as such I posted what I did. I can not see SBG changing all that much in our style. SBG was formed as an alternative to the other VU's at the time for those that did not want to play 'real tactics' but rather play a more relaxed game against the simmers or gamers alike. After two years SBG is still going strong and still growing, so we must be doing something right.

S!

Ah that, yes, I see what you mean. I can see how it could be miss read as such by people who don't have all the facts or read all the posts or heard of the chatter. From what has been said here and on other forums it stands true and I don't see any rebuttals, from PB911 or SBG members, to it.

That's a logical fallacy. A lack of evidence does not necessarily mean it must be true. For example, that would be like me saying, "You are an idiot because I have not seen any proof that you are not an idiot."

Maybe I should have write "due to PB911 members stating they are not enjoying playing against us and losing more often than not half as much as we enjoy winning", but that would be a lie as none of them said that. You see I could write this many ways and all could be miss read, miss interpreted or twisted by the uninformed to mean just as many different things.

In effect, that is exactly what you said if you re-read your original post. I don't see how it can be interpreted any other way?

I stand by my statement and do see from where I am that it is a fact that PB911 are no longer enjoying the to play against SBG. (for what ever reason) and that WE (SBG) enjoy to play and win against them.

This is NOT what you stated, but rather what you SHOULD have. You DID give a specific reason which was based on an assumption. You said, "...the fact that they do not enjoy losing almost every week..." I have not seen any PB911 member, let alone as a group, say that they "did not enjoy losing almost every week", and I doubt you have either. A fact is not a fact when there is no evidence to support it. From what I've read, it's not so much PB911's aversion to losing that caused them to make their decision, but more of an incompatible style of preferred gameplay. That is not how you represented it, is it?

No matter what the tactics or restrictions of the mission at hand. And to piss you off even more. I'm sure SBG could give and group playing any tactics a good run for their money and enjoy doing too, win or lose. I stand by our members and our 'style' of game play. This crap about Simmer or gamer is an old argument and I thought most of us had risen above its pettiness to be able to enjoy SB for what it is. A truly awesome peace of military grade software capable of providing years of enjoyment no matter how its used to those that are willing to learn its nuances and adapt to them. I for one like to play against other tactics and styles than my own. I can only learn new tricks to use and adapt so as to ensue victory more often. If I feel like being contentious or gloating about my and the VU of which I'm a member's victories, is that not my right?

You're so awesome. I can see why PB911 don't want to play with you anymore... but that's just my opinion.

To the other moderators: I recuse myself from moderating this thread since I am more actively involved than I should be.