Leopard 2: Auxiliary sight reticle

Higgs

I noticed that with the new update there seems to be a problem with the Leopard 2 auxiliary sight. On the most modern version (Leopard 2A6MA2) the reticle is easily redable. On all version which are less new they are very hard to read. Additionally, some lines are not focused while others look how they should.

SS_14_16_21.thumb.jpg.70bd5727cb43eb4bf208737d11df0f9e.jpg

This is the reticle of the Leopardo 2E.

SS_14_17_22.thumb.jpg.bfcde2531a11407ad9df2043e6fdb183.jpg

This is what it looks like on the Leopard 2A6MA2.

SS_14_17_29.thumb.jpg.b1dc3192bd9278eac9b24dccbcfcffdb.jpg

This is what is seen on all the older versions. (I did NOT check vehicles such as the Swedish Stridsvagn 122.)

Is this intentionall? To me it looks like the field of view or the magnification is incorrect on some versions. The picture of the Leopardo 2E is taken from the shooting range. Meanwhile the other two picture are from a custom scenario. In the background, barely visible are some targets. On both the Leopard 2A6 and the
Leopard 2A6MA2 they are roughly at the same distance from the tank. Yet on the Leopard 2A6MA2 they are much bigger. Did the magnification change with the upgrade?

(From my personal experience I would say the Leopard 2A6MA2 represents reality the most accurately at the moment.) Also, note on the scale to the left, not all range lines are focused (as described above). This appears to be the case on all versions.

Edited by Higgs

1)  'Not focused lines' are  negative side effect of antialiasing enabled internally, this is why curved and inclined elements of reticles and symbology are smooth and not composed of jagged lines as before. Downside is  less tidy appearance of some very small elements. We will try to do something about that, but I'm not sure if this is possible to address  without rolling sight views back to 4.363 state, and what else may be impacted.

2) Inconsistency of GAS views is old and known issue.