Tuesday Night Tanks

Tacbat

Would you play Tuesday night at 2000 EST?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Would you play Tuesday night at 2000 EST?

• Yes
    • No
    • Another Day/Time

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well actually we started Tuesday night sessions, but people had problems showing so we moved it to Sunday night (8PM Eastern)... but we don't have a dedicated server, (I was hosting), and it looks like 5 or 6 players was my max before I got the "network overload" message... so our small group, mostly of newbies are really just playing small unit co-op missions... IE: Defend, delay, MTC, small scale assaults...

It's nothing like what you guys do for FRIDAY NIGHTS... which I could join those but work weekends. ;)

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/2714239/SB_SimHQ_Co_Op_screens_from_4_.html#Post2714239

Edited by Magnum50
link of screens

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

It's nothing like what you guys do for FRIDAY NIGHTS... which I could join those but work weekends. ;)

Hopefully one day you are the others from SimHQ could come check TGIF out. Everyone is welcome and it is pretty laid back (no real experts here). Of course Friday is the night when most people have other plans.

Well actually we started Tuesday night sessions, but people had problems showing so we moved it to Sunday night (8PM Eastern)... but we don't have a dedicated server, (I was hosting), and it looks like 5 or 6 players was my max before I got the "network overload" message... so our small group, mostly of newbies are really just playing small unit co-op missions... IE: Defend, delay, MTC, small scale assaults...

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/2714239/SB_SimHQ_Co_Op_screens_from_4_.html#Post2714239

network overload is like a lag message -- it's not a deal-killer. dont end a mission over that unless it's overly excessive. max players for the standard version (which we have) is 8.

friday nights... yea, there are a very few gifted people out there with better versions for hosting. no dedicated servers though. ya'll should swing out for TGIF (the friday night thing). or the TNT thing... or whenever ;)

• 3 months later...

OK,

I'll run a TNT tomorrow night starting at 2000EST. I should be online around 1945, so show up early. I'll see if I can find a decent Co-op.

Because of the conflict between SB and my internet connection, you will need to install Hamachi. I'll walk you through the connection process which is fairly straight forward.

Sorry I missed this, just by an hour or so I guess. I've installed the Hamachi thing and wonder if/how it will work. I will try to make the next session. Tacbat, if I see you on TS sometime, would you do a test to see if I can hook into your network with this. I wouldn't want to hold everyone up with my thrashing around on game night.

In my experience, himachi = lag. No offense to Tac, but we should work on getting a host that doesn't need to use it. Work still continues on a dedicated server. It appears that it will have to be privately funded, hopefully covered by donations to the person who is setting it up.

I think 2100 may be a better start for most in North America. Gives the west coast guys a better chance of getting in the game.

Mog

Edited by Mogwa

• 2 weeks later...