STRV 122 LRF on Tank Range Issue

TSe419E
Go to solution Solved by Lumituisku,

I took the STRV 122 to the range last night to prepare for the mission today and had a couple of instances where the LRF acted oddly.  At the fourth or fifth engagement I would lase the target and the range would flash on the numeric display and then immediately switch to the battle-sight range.  After that I would be unable to get a proper lase with the range stuck at battle sight.  I talked to another player today and he said he had the same issue with this tank on the tank range, as well. 

• Solution
31 minutes ago, TSe419E said:

I took the STRV 122 to the range last night to prepare for the mission today and had a couple of instances where the LRF acted oddly.  At the fourth or fifth engagement I would lase the target and the range would flash on the numeric display and then immediately switch to the battle-sight range.  After that I would be unable to get a proper lase with the range stuck at battle sight.  I talked to another player today and he said he had the same issue with this tank on the tank range, as well. 

@TSe419E!  Did you remember that STRV and 2E  have this feature where it is possible to zoom out to low magnifigation on daysight.  And that if you do..   then lazer doesn't work.  And that lazer only works when daysight channel is on high magnification?   Was that the problem? 

1 hour ago, Lumituisku said:

@TSe419E!  Did you remember that STRV and 2E  have this feature where it is possible to zoom out to low magnifigation on daysight.  And that if you do..   then lazer doesn't work.  And that lazer only works when daysight channel is on high magnification?   Was that the problem? 

I was in thermal view the first time.  The second time I'm pretty sure I was zoomed in.  But, like I said, it flashed a new range before going back to battle sight and getting stuck.

6 hours ago, Lumituisku said:

4 hours ago, TSe419E said:

I was in thermal view the first time.  The second time I'm pretty sure I was zoomed in.  But, like I said, it flashed a new range before going back to battle sight and getting stuck.

After more investigation I was able to recreate the problem.  Lumi was correct.  If the day sight is set to wide angle, ie less magnification, and you switch to the thermal view to engage a target it will reset the range to battle sight when you lase even if you are in the higher magnification view of the thermal.  I don't know if this is supposed to happen that way but at least it is known now that is how it is operating.