Kanium Sunday 19th of March "Operation Eagle Claw", by Apocalypse

Nike-Ajax

Kanium Sunday 19th of March "Operation Eagle Claw", by Apocalypse

For all players: From now on we will be there about 30 minutes before go time to test everything. If it isnt sorted before GO time, then we will have to start the game at the allotted time, for the benefit of all the other players.

Where: Kanium TS : ts3.din-server.dk:10000

World Clock 1900 GMT (Same time as always in Europe - adjusted for Winter Time: click the time below for your local time) 

World clock 1900 GMT

IMPORTANT NOTICE:

This SB session may be recorded with video and sound and uploaded, including to a public youtube or Twitch channel. 

AS always, then we are running the session with the latest version of Steelbeasts.

Everybody is Welcome: you don't have to belong to Kanium. We love playing with you all, the arranger and CO loves you even more if you sign up in advance 😁

image.thumb.png.7fe9f6e1805cd457608e23d5594cd1e9.png

image.thumb.png.043b410539bc9081f1ad9c08451a2714.png

image.thumb.png.dccff515db08090f7abce1350c7ccff8.png

Operation Bear Claw
by Apocalypse

1. SITUATION  

a. An Armored Battalion from the 18th Armored Brigade is established in a deliberate defense along the Araz River. They currently have one company of T-80U tanks, supported by dismounted infantry forward of the Araz, that has established a disruption zone to provide early warning and maneuver space for the remainder of the Battalion, which has established their main battle zone around the town of Saribad.  

b. Friendly forces are assembling for a Brigade-sized attack to expand the bridge-head across the Araz river,  and continue to the east. In this sector, Team Kanium will lead this attack by attacking to seize a foothold on the eastern bank of the Araz River, in order pass elements from 2nd Battalion that will continue their attack to the East.

c. A cell-leader from the Azarian Freedom Brigade, Mr. Faziz Zaidov, has contacted us claiming to have important information on the 18th Division composition around OBJ GRIZZLY. You may visit him in Mazali to see what information he has (dismounts are only able to activate this event after standing next to him for 8 seconds)

2. MISSION  

Team Kanium attacks to seize OBJ Grizzly to establish a foothold on the Eastern bank of the Araz and pass friendly, follow-on forces.

3. EXECUTION  

a. Purpose. The purpose of this operation is to seize a foothold across the Eastern bank of the Araz river, so that follow-on forces have freedom of movement.   

b. Key Tasks  

1. Be prepared to clear Imshili of enemy forces that may potentially hinder the passage of follow-on friendly forces.  
2. Establish a river crossing point that will facilitate the passage of a follow-on battalion.
3. Seize OBJ GRIZZLY.  

c. End State  

i. Terrain. OBJ GRIZZLY and a bridge crossing site on the Araz River are seized.  
 ii. Friendly: Friendly forces are prepared to safely pass follow-on forces from 2nd Battalion.  
 ii. Enemy: Elements of the 18th Armored Brigade are defeated, destroyed, or neutralized;  unable to interfere with friendly, follow-on forces.  
 iii. Civilian: Minimal collateral damage and disruption to the civilian way of life.   

d. Fires  

6x Guns (Offscreen)  
1x FO (F-1)

SCENARIO FOR VERIFICATION OF FUNCTIONALITY AT CLIENT END:

Apocalypse Operation Bear Claw.sce

Manning List

Command 

A66 (Challenger 2): Falcon (?,CZ)

A65 (Challenger 2):

F1 (M113/FO)):  Lumituisku (Team Saber,FI)

A1 (Challenger 2)

A11 Assassin (Kanium,US)

A12 Badger (Kanium,CAN)

A13 Cavgunner (Kanium,US)

A14 Higgs (Kanium,CH)

A2 (Challenger 2)

A21 Major Duck (Kanium,DK)

A22

A23 Connaugh (Kanium,US)

A24 Maic (Kanium,FI)

A3 (Challenger 2)

A31

A32

A33 Hedgehog (UKarmour,UK)

A34 Roerbaek (Kanium,DK)

B1 (ULAN)

A51 Kingtiger (Kanium,SE)

A52 Grenny (Kanium,DE)

A53 Snoggy (Kanium,CAN)

A54 Wiglif (Kanium,US)

A5 - CSS: Medic, ARV and SUPPLY

OPFOR:

VI - none needed

Where needed:

Nike-Ajax (Kanium,DK) (maybe/hopefully)

Cant make it:

Hosting:

Assassin

(15/16)

Edited by Nike-Ajax

My plan is ready, I am not expecting any big changes in it, so I am posting it here. I will go through it in detail on the briefing.

My intent for the first objective (town Imshili) is to split our assault into 2 groups and attack from flanks. Then to cross the river (primary crossing point is NERO, secondary is Iceni - A2 will report if the bridge is useable).

I've highlighted some important positions and general scheme of our advance on the eastern bank of river. The exact movement (and waypoint assignment) will be done during the operation based on the situation.

image.thumb.png.cc226e0cf55354a390cc06e7cede87ff.png

I would like to encourage any inexperienced player to take A31 as a Platoon Leader. The scenario looks like a good learning one without too much of troubles (... I hope this claim won't bite me tomorrow ... :D ). Also, I plan to have A3 in the middle of our advance, so other platoons will be able to assist quickly, should it be needed.

See you tomorrow!

21 minutes ago, Lumituisku said:

Okay. As I will probably be FO,  I am planning to move along yellow route I think. For best line of sight, to get best use of my Forward observer vehicle.

Um.. what does "LSA" mean?   

Could you arrive 30 minutes prior the start of the event? 1830 GMT. We could discuss the plan for FO.

LSA stands for Logistics Support Area - I would like to send there (at least) an ammunition truck.

4 minutes ago, Falcon said:

Could you arrive 30 minutes prior the start of the event? 1830 GMT. We could discuss the plan for FO.

LSA stands for Logistics Support Area - I would like to send there (at least) an ammunition truck.

I'll probably be there even earlier. 

Good to know LSA meaning. I'm sometimes bit lost with these terms and i bet I'm not only one. 

4 minutes ago, Lumituisku said:

I'll probably be there even earlier. 

Good to know LSA meaning. I'm sometimes bit lost with these terms and i bet I'm not only one. 

I plan to get to TS at 1800 GMT. See you whenever we will meet there. I don't think it will take long (20 minutes?). It's not a complex plan :) 

You are not the only one. I had to use Google to know the exact wording of that LSA acronym. I only remember that it can be used to mark resupply points.