Piranha V AAAMS 120mm sound v4.777

Hedgehog
Go to solution Solved by Volcano,

Dear eSim

In the F8 observer view of the Piranha V AAAMS, when it fires the main mortar it is using/calling the "x_MortarHvy.wav" when logic/continuity dictates it should be using the "a_MortarHvy.wav"

Side by Side test with all other 120mm platforms, they appear OK (Have added to test scenario)

Here's 2 different mortar sounds for you

I've even written a test case for you

Preparation:

Load attached mods (or other distinctive sounds using "x_MortarHvy.wav" and "a_MortarHvy.wav" filenames) into mods FX folder

Load attached test scenario into "My scenarios" folder (wherever you have that)

Steps to reproduce

Start SB Pro PE application

Load attached scenario (Assuming tester knows how to do this.)

Start Scenario

Goto F5 view

Right Click

Call for Fire > Mortar HE

Set trigger 1 to disable engine (Optional)

Goto F8 Observer view (on Pirahna V AAAMS)

Salient Point >>>>Observe/Hear Piranha V AAAMS uses "x_MortarHvy.wav" when firing 120mm Heavy Mortar<<<<

Stop Scenario

Test concluded

Fix / Raise bugzilla entry

Edit:

Added zip folder with sounds and test sce

Mortar test.sce

Mortar test.zip

Edited by Hedgehog

• Moderators

OK, looks like the usual fix here didn't work (scripting), which implies that something is hard coded there. It seems that for whatever reason this vehicle doesn't treat the external view sounds as the "near external" type, perhaps having something to do with the fact that you can go to the commander's position.

So in other words it seems like it is a bug in the behavior, rather than just having the wrong sound file applied. I will pass it along, but obviously it won't be high priority at the moment.

21 hours ago, Volcano said:

OK, looks like the usual fix here didn't work (scripting), which implies that something is hard coded there. It seems that for whatever reason this vehicle doesn't treat the external view sounds as the "near external" type, perhaps having something to do with the fact that you can go to the commander's position.

So in other words it seems like it is a bug in the behavior, rather than just having the wrong sound file applied. I will pass it along, but obviously it won't be high priority at the moment.

Huh, that is weird.

I'd have thought the sounds would be the other way round?

I guess it wasn't implemented as per convention. (if eSim even has such a thing, with vehicles added over 25 odd years)

Eh whatever, it's their problem now.

I do like the new HE boom boom sounds :)

The Rh 20mm certainly has more giggle factor now