Has the Minefield Breech logic changed for a platoon of Tanks?

Assassin 7
Go to solution Solved by Ssnake,

So while playing with a Platoon of Tanks one with a Mineplow. I noticed that the first Tank w/plow would plow through the minefield with no issue but the rest of the Platoon would just turn off and then stop. Then when I tried to reroute them the go stuck together like bumper cars and then when the platoon started to move would not go through the lane until I separated them. 

I also tried to use a AEV with plow and then proof the lane which seemed to place the mines assuming out of the dirt from the AEV on the side of the lane. The AI would follow then but start swerving to the side and hit the mine on the side of the lane. 

I also tried testing in the woods but the results were not good as AI Tanks were getting stuck on the trees and going everywhere and hard to maintain.

Edited by Assassin 7

• Moderators

So a brief explanation here:

A few version back completed breaches are no longer allowed to be curved - they must be straight. If there is say, an obstruction in that lane, like a tree, then this is not a good breaching lane and will cause problems. We could just vacuum up the trees in a plowed lane, but then this would look quite bad with the largest trees. It will however (right now) plow through the small trees, so that is good, but otherwise it will cause trouble with the larger ones.

I guess in the mean time, just be sure that when plowing that the line looks good straight ahead. Also, you definitely don't want a 1km long breach route that also passes through a forest, like in the example, because that simply just isn't going to work. In the forest situation, its probably best to scope out a straight line, or do manually plowing and manual driving (it's just not the best environment to breach a minefield). 

17 minutes ago, Volcano said:

So a brief explanation here:

A few version back completed breaches are no longer allowed to be curved - they must be straight. If there is say, an obstruction in that lane, like a tree, then this is not a good breaching lane and will cause problems. We could just vacuum up the trees in a plowed lane, but then this would look quite bad with the largest trees. It will however (right now) plow through the small trees, so that is good, but otherwise it will cause trouble with the larger ones.

I guess in the mean time, just be sure that when plowing that the line looks good straight ahead. Also, you definitely don't want a 1km long breach route through a forest, like in the example, because that simply just isn't going to work. In the forest situation, its probably best to scope out a straight line, or do manually plowing and manual driving (it's just not the best environment to breach a minefield). 

Alrighty and thanks