Mission editor resupply bug (Vector ATTV, Inf ATGM & others)

Hedgehog
Go to solution Solved by Volcano,

• Moderators

Ah, yes the Mission Editor's "test mode", the right-click resupply has trouble with vehicles that have attached guns, specifically those that can have all sorts of different types of those guns with different types of ammo (ATGM, MG, etc). The ATTV is probably the best example we can use to look further into it, thanks.

On 3/20/2023 at 9:40 PM, Volcano said:

Ah, yes the Mission Editor's "test mode", the right-click resupply has trouble with vehicles that have attached guns, specifically those that can have all sorts of different types of those guns with different types of ammo (ATGM, MG, etc). The ATTV is probably the best example we can use to look further into it, thanks.

M113 ATGM, M996, and curiously Inf Missile teams seem to be affected (all types)

MG teams on being resupplied are very happy bunnies with a 1250 round "belt" and 0 "stored" ammo.  <- further investigations / stumbling this is the default level for LMG teams (+210 rifle ammo)

Edited by Hedgehog
further investigations

• Hedgehog changed the title to Mission editor resupply bug (Vector ATTV, Inf ATGM & others)
20 hours ago, Hedgehog said:

M113 ATGM, M996, and curiously Inf Missile teams seem to be affected (all types)

MG teams on being resupplied are very happy bunnies with a 1250 round "belt" and 0 "stored" ammo.

I think Volcano's point is the Mission Editor "test mode".

Have you noticed the issue when not playing in accelerated time (another cause of issues) and playing say an offline session?

Edited by Gibsonm
Omitted an important "not".

• Moderators

Right, it should resupply from a truck normally (the vehicles I mean, not the infantry); I meant that in Test mode that "magic resupply" is an issue for those vehicles with the attached guns.  It's certainly something we will look into when able, but not as urgent as if it didn't resupply in normal circumstances (from the supply truck for vehicles, or when mounted into a vehicle for infantry), which should work fine.

1 hour ago, Gibsonm said:

I think Volcano's point is the Mission Editor "test mode".

Have you noticed the issue when playing in accelerated time (another cause of issues) and playing say an offline session?

No

Because test mode is not avalible outside of the Mission editor.

My main use of the discussed functionality is testing sound mods, and quick playthoughs to test scripted AI logic.

Sitting around while a unit digitally restocks from an ammo truck would just slow things down, hence why I use this function.

I noticed "Someone broke the resupply function" so I started this thread.

Initially I thought it was affecting just the ATTV, and as I am not paid to investigate errors/bugs by eSim I left it there.

I have only added to my thread as I have been testing with other units I have been using for my own ends

Ergo:

I have limits as to what I'll do free of charge.

I'll write up a basic bug report & test case (if it's simple to demonstrate) but thats yer lot.

I am not doing detailed investigations.

8 hours ago, Volcano said:

Under mission editor "test mode" with T-72B3. It wants to resupply the ATGM missiles and stays there like in an infinite loop. Maybe is because that too? Thanks!

• Moderators
13 hours ago, Hedgehog said:

Ergo:

I have limits as to what I'll do free of charge.

I'll write up a basic bug report & test case (if it's simple to demonstrate) but thats yer lot.

I am not doing detailed investigations.

Certainly you should contribute as much as you are willing to do, it's all voluntary -- anything/everything is appreciated. It's a community effort here. 👍

I guess the main point here is that the "magic resupply" never really worked in all situations, it has issues in how it determines what gets resupplied. It's on the to-do list. 😉

• Moderators
  • Solution

Yes, what can I say -- it all has to do with the these units that can be equipped with different weapons (an MG team has optional weapons). It's all related to the same problem. It is known, but I added a little more information now to the info from what you provided here, so that is good.   👍