eSimGames License Fulfillment?

TSe419E
Go to solution Solved by Sean,

I just received an email titled "An updated version of SB Pro PE is available for download" from "eSimGames License Fulfillment."

I have never received an email from them before regarding an update to Steel Beasts.  It contains a link to a URL (removed)

that is for a download with the following title:

Upgrade License from version 4.1

As I am unsure of its authenticity I thought I should enquire here. 

A copy of the full text of the email is attached. (removed for privacy)

Edited by Sean
removed key and attachment

3 minutes ago, Gibsonm said:

I received the same thing.

I'm assuming (I didn't click on the link though) that its the Newsletter telling me (albeit belatedly) about 4.379.

Was just at esim website, looks legit that there is a new version installer

• Administrators
  • Solution

I waited a few days before sending this out.  It's a legit email.  Not everyone reads the website, and this is a way to reach them and let them know a new version is available.  The content of the email was reworked to try to explain it a little better, but I understand when people are suspicious these days!

My spam filter nabbed it!

And it does look iffy to me.

It does not point to esim, it points to sendowl, which my spam filter definitely does not like. Is send owl an advertising site, that would explain the my spam blocker stopping it?

• Members

Well, we use Sendowl to create the license ticket emails. It can also be used to send out mass emails, obviously, and some people are going to abuse that as a way to spread their unwanted spam.

99% of all regulation we have are because of the 1% idiots and irresponsible sociopaths who'll do reckless and damaging things, unless they are forbidden. But if we want to get out the news, we'll have to send a similar or identical email to a lot of people.

Yes,

I am just pointing out that Sendowl is legitimately taged as spam by spam filters.

I nearly did not retrieve the e mail from my spam folder. It's a business decision; but expect some to not be able to spot your e mail, when the e mail is from noreply@sendowl.com

Edited by ssidiver

• Administrators

Sendowl does not send spam emails.  They send out the license email when a purchase is made, and in this case, they send out a email to people that made a purchase that a free upgrade is available.  We can't make any guarantees that everyone will get the email, and we don't have total control over where the email comes from or how its generated because its generated from them.  They have their own infrastructure, their own email setup, and their own controls.  If the email said it came from esimgames, but all the dns settings used to verify email sources say it comes from sendowl, then it will definitely be tagged as spam, so that would be a mistake.  Entire boring books could be written on this spammy subject, but hopefully that explains it better.