Finland joins NATO!

Hedgehog

I was under the impression we'd stay with 7.62x39 and then go straight to the new meme caliber, but seeing as the spooky Russian super bodyarmor was a complete myth, 5.56 makes sense in the short-medium term, especially because we already have extensive knowledge in developing AR pattern rifles.

a general standardization and common requirements for ammunition and equipment in principle makes sense, the problem in my view is that nato's mission doesn't.  stocks of sophisticated missiles depleted when nato insinuated itself in libya's civil war, which on the face of it had nothing to do with nato's mutual self defense charter but really the project of policy wonks in washington dc,  signposted a little bit of what was to come in ukraine where, perhaps the cheaper but plentiful artillery guns and rockets fill the void while nato needs to find way to replenish more rare, expensive systems while for years western european states neglected their own defense in exchange for american poltical dominance- which is perhpas a major factor to add finland at this point but while ukraine's bid is out of the question for the time being

Edited by Captain_Colossus

• Members
1 hour ago, Captain_Colossus said:

in principle makes sense, the problem in my view is that nato's mission doesn't.

...somewhere between the start of this thread and that remark, this thread has taken a turn into the field of politics (see forum rules).

• Ssnake locked this topic