I Received the Upgrade

Cpl_Punishment

Far too early to raise the alarm IMO.

Shipping only commenced one week ago, and we have had the Easter weekend, several days lost and an increased volume of post due to it.

A few packages have arrived extremely quickly, but 3-5 weeks is more common for international packages, and even local posts could take much longer.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

Just be patient. Wait another week before you start flipping out and sending emails. Someone in San Diego just received theirs today. Theres no tracking number to get, and we all know the USPS can be inconsistent at times.

I have to say I am a bit disapointed not because the package has not arrived but because the lack of tracking number to know where the package is and if all about it is Ok.

I have received many packages from the States sent using USPS and ALL the times they came with a tracking number.

I think it is not very customer oriented to simply say be patient and if you do not receive your order in 3 weeks we will look into it (how can you do that without tracking number anyway?) and if the package is lost by then what? send a new one and await 3 weeks more?

Would have made everybody very happy to have a tracking number to know about their orders. I do not think this is an "extra" for international orders specially for a product with commercial value to have a tracking number.

I think USPS incorporates one to all its international deliveries or at least all the ones I received in the last years got one.

I will keep waiting, what else?

• Members

The rates that US Postal charges for international tracking are insane. There is one cheap option, but that is essentially useless because it says "in transit" until it has been delivered, at which point you already know that it arrived. This parcel tracking has a sole purpose, to prove to the seller that his package indeed reached the customer so that he can debunk eventual claims by said customer that the package never arrived.

In order to have meaningful information you would need to pay about $30.- extra. If that cheap tracking's "In transit" gives you a wam and fuzzy feeling I must ask what US Postal has that we don't, because I told you so much already. :)

The rates that US Postal charges for international tracking are insane. There is one cheap option, but that is essentially useless because it says "in transit" until it has been delivered, at which point you already know that it arrived. This parcel tracking has a sole purpose, to prove to the seller that his package indeed reached the customer so that he can debunk eventual claims by said customer that the package never arrived.

In order to have meaningful information you would need to pay about $30.- extra. If that cheap tracking's "In transit" gives you a wam and fuzzy feeling I must ask what US Postal has that we don't, because I told you so much already. :)

The USPS has service called Priority Mail® International Flat-Rate Envelope that costs about 13 USD that has a guarantee delivery to Spain (as example) of 6-10 bussines days and that gives you a tracking number that allows you to know online and in realtime the exact location of your item. It even lets you know at what time it entered wich wharehouse or at what time and date was received in Customs,

I use it quite often when doing E-bay purchases in the States and it works real well.

I think a CD and a the Codemeter would fit nicely in that envelope and I am sure many customers would have not minded to pay extra 12 USD to have this guarante fast service. I would have surely choosen that option if offered.

Please do not take my post as a bitter critic but as a customer suggestion to improve the already excellent customer support of this company but in a specific subject IMHO could be improved :)

• Members

Well, the problem is that we would need to repackage SB Pro with this Priority Mail® International Flat-Rate Envelope. Given that our manpower is stretched to the limit, and that I'm receiving verbal kicks to the 'nads on a weekly basis for this feature missing or that I will rather accept the occasional complaint from people missing a tracking option. After all, waiting for the shipment is a one-time experience and we have never had a case where the customer didn't receive his package.