Black screen, Desktop shortcut missing

delta6

Code meter stick (dongle) just died...I was playing the sim and bam black screen and the desktop shortcut is missing.So how much for a new codemeter stick?? I have tried to restrain from swearing but INTERCOURSE!!!!!!

On 7/22/2019 at 11:09 AM, Hedgehog said:

I am assuming by "a good flash drive" you mean a Code Meter stick? (small grey thing has a WiBu marking and a red/green flashing LED)

Proceeding on that basis.

This one: 

Upgrade License from version 4.0
Requires CodeMeter stick with valid license for SB Pro PE 4.0. Delivery via email, NO SHIPPING NECESSARY

and this one:

Manual and USB Stick

• 32 GByte USB “Installation Stick”
  • Printed version 4.1 user manual
  • FREE SHIPPING
  • *Shipments will be delayed until approximately Aug 4.*

If you get stuck try here in the first instance:

Failing that try emailing Ssnake

(Hisname at "company that makes the software"  dot com.)

Which version should i get that has a code meter stick?

15 minutes ago, delta6 said:

Which version should i get that has a code meter stick?

Which version do you currently have?

No previous version (doesn't apply to you - just for completeness): SB Pro PE 4.3 Classic License US$115

3.0 or OLDER (any version number from 1.0 to 3.0): Upgrade License from version 3.0 and OLDER: $US95.

Upgrade from 4.0 (any version number from 4.0 to 4.999): Upgrade License from version 4.0: US$70

Upgrade from 4.1 (any version number from 4.1 to 4.379): Upgrade License from version 4.1: US$40.

Its detailed here: https://www.esimgames.com/3165-2/

Edited by Gibsonm

15 minutes ago, Gibsonm said:

Which version do you currently have?

No previous version (doesn't apply to you - just for completeness): SB Pro PE 4.3 Classic License US$115

3.0 or OLDER (any version number from 1.0 to 3.0): Upgrade License from version 3.0 and OLDER: $US95.

Upgrade from 4.0 (any version number from 4.0 to 4.999): Upgrade License from version 4.0: US$70

Upgrade from 4.1 (any version number from 4.1 to 4.379): Upgrade License from version 4.1: US$40.

Its detailed here: https://www.esimgames.com/3165-2/

I repurchased the classic and hope i can upgrade and i hope it has a code meter stick..If wrong it is just $123.00+ that has been lost..

I'm confused.

If you re-purchased the Classic (that is, spent US$115.00) - that will be a full copy of 4.379.

The full copy will come with:

a. A USB stick in the post.

b. A complimentary one month (I think) time based license to allow you to use SB Pro PE straight away and then apply the permanent license when the USB stick arrives.

There is no need to pay for a subsequent "upgrade" (assuming you don't have a secondary license).

Edited by Gibsonm

• Members

I don't think that I have ever heard of a CodeMeter failure that resulted in the deletion of a Desktop shortcut. But don't worry, we'll get it sorted. Please contact me by email. Ideally, right with a CmDUST log file.

To create it, plug in the CM stick. Open the Windows Start Menu. Find the CmDUST app (e.g., type "cmdu"), then run it. After it has completed the diagnostics, it will open a new window of the Windows File Explorer where you'll find "CmDust-Result.log". Please send that file as an email attachment.

On 5/3/2023 at 7:57 PM, delta6 said:

Code meter stick (dongle) just died...I was playing the sim and bam black screen and the desktop shortcut is missing.So how much for a new codemeter stick?? I have tried to restrain from swearing but INTERCOURSE!!!!!!

did you hit then ''N'' key 5 times in a row?............................it sets off the nukes.Baaaddddddd stuff happens