• Moderators

I haven't had a problem with my Vista 64 and 2.460 installation. That does not help but maybe it implies that the problem resides with DEP settings that can be specified somewhere that I have not yet discovered. :shocked: Maybe it is best that I don't find it.

Additional:

I have only one user account as the default "Administrator" so that might explain why I don't have any DEP problems.

• Members

Here's a suggested fix, by Dave:

1. Disable user account control in the control panel.
  2. You need to also disable the DEP protocol. To do this open a command prompt as an administer and type "bcdedit.exe /set {current} nx AlwaysOff" then leave the DOS window open and install the game. After the game is installed, in the command line type "bcdedit.exe /set {current} nx AlwaysOn".
    For some reason Vista's Data Execution Prevention see's the .exe from the CD as an attack and the DEP shut's the install down.
    Again I run a 64bit machine and have not had to change any other settings or update anything else.

I am installing as admin, as I am the only one that uses this pc, and I tried the above workaround but it kept saying that it could not find the path or some such. I typed the info in exactly as it was posted, and still no go.