Hosting problem [Solved]

Leon Portier

Hello I've been trying to host a internet game to play with some friends, they can not join the server though. My server does not show up when they put in my IP address.

I had hosted from the in game menu, ports UDP 2300-2400 were forwarded, firewall exception for the SBProPE64cm.exe was set up. I looked up my IP adress with What's My IP Address? Networking Tools & More and sent that to my friends. They put it into the in game client connect search bar and nothing showed up.

I'm out of ideas and exhausted, I do host other games like ArmA 3 with the exact same procedure and it works there.

I'd be glad about some advice.

Edited by Leon Portier

Leon,

1. Does your PC have a static IP address for the forwarding?

2. I know some people say you only need the UDP Ports, but I'm 99% certain you need both 2300 to 2400 and 47624 (I've used this for almost 20 years now):

Screenshot2023-05-19071456.png.26340a4d82170ef23f46640dc363aab2.png

Edited by Gibsonm

• Members

With version 4.1, we changed the underlying network library. This eliminated the need

- to have the entire range of ports 2300...2400 open; now, only the HOST needs to have only port 2300 exposed;

- to have port 47624 open ... this too is no longer needed (at least that's my understanding of it)

• Administrators

Make sure every one is on the same sb version.  Also make sure the ports are forwarded to the correct internal ip address of the pc running sb.  I dont see it listed at all in your config, but maybe the column you blanked out is mislabelled?  Usually it would be something like 192.169.0.x.

• Leon Portier changed the title to Hosting problem [Solved]