Failed to read....

FelixBrink

Hi all. Having problem with a majority of downloads of new scenarios and with the old classics,

Should i Delete and reinstall? Im thinking i had some older versions hiding stuff around my hard drive.

The screen pic 1 is from new scenario. Num 2 is what i get for most of the older scenarios, even after doing the legacy map download.

Thanks ahead of time guys!

Screenshot (3).png

Screenshot (4).png

Edited by FelixBrink

What version are you running?

"B32 Zone Recon - European Farmland v1.1.4" is built for 4.379.

If you don't have 4.379 it wont load.

I suspect you maybe have a version post the 4.1x change in maps but not quite yet at 4.379.

However without knowing the version you have I can't be certain.

• Members

The first error message, failure to rread a scenario file, indicates a different problem. The file path looks very long. Note that white Windows since version XP supports 256 characters for a file name, this includes the whole path. So, it may simply be that the scenario just exceeds that limit.

Or, your current user account has no access rights to that folder (maybe the files still have ownership by a previous user account).

Or, the file is corrupt (less likely, but it does happen).

And then, like Gibsonm wrote, if you the scenario was made in a newer version than the one that you have installed, there would also be this error. The debugLog file might list the exact reason why it failed to open.