Non-responsive "on board" artillery units.

Go to solution Solved by Mirzayev,

Gentleman... yes Ssnake I know you will be probably the first to respond☺️

For twenty years I have been able to give missions to the artillery units that I have included in scenarios

without a problem. While I appreciate the availability of "off board" artillery, I would like to utilize the

the artillery units that I have included in my formations. I have run scenarios in both the test mod and

to run them in the offline mode. Regardless of what unit I designate to call for support. I get a count down,

and then a "active" message in the support drop down. But the M109s don't fire. I have checked their ammo,

and their "tactics" selections. The only artillery missions that are executed are by the off board option.

As the king in "The King and I" would say... "This is a puzzlement". I'm sure there is a simple explanation,

but not being very smart. I have yet to find it. Thanks in advance for any comments and wisdom you all may

care to share.👍😊 Stay well.

Edited by Thrown Tread33
misspelling of a forum member's name.

• Solution

@Thrown Tread33 Here is what is happening:

If you have any off-map artillery the default is that they will fire first. Off-map artillery will execute fire missions until the number of committed batteries is maxed out. On-map artillery will then be called into fire. 

Included is a quick scenario to demonstrate this. Open it and call in 3x HE fire missions. All of these will be fired by your off-map artillery. If you call in a fourth artillery mission while the first 3x are processing, your on-map M109s will fire it. 

If you only want on-map artillery units to fire, remove all of the off-map artillery tubes and batteries under the support options. 

Artillery Test.sce

@Mirzayev. Sir, thank you for your quick and kind response. I have when creating a scenario, gone into the options menu and under support,

"Zeroed out" all artillery assets, and then created my on board artillery units. While I really appreciate your assistance and explanation.

After owning SB since the first addition, I find it puzzling that I have to exhaust off board artillery options before my on board artillery

units will become active. In all of my previous versions of Steel Beasts I have never had this issue before. I am happy to have a solution, but

I have to say that it makes no sense to me. In my opinion, off the board artillery from the days of board games made sense. But now

with on board resupply vehicles available along with other "real world" options. I am puzzled by the forced use of off the board artillery, when it is not necessary.

Thank you again, and stay well.