New video from the upgrade:

daskal

• Members

Unfortunately some of the images are presented without context. The three isolated tank models were actually high res render shots from 3D Max, which I then downscaled for a web presentation. The final result in game will be quite similar but may not be totally identical. I gave them to SimHQ as illustration material for an article (likewise the LOD3 shots of the damage model), not as screenshots for presentation of themselves.

Apparently the greed to publish something really fast was overwhelming. Maybe I should have known better.

"Apparently the greed to publish something really fast was overwhelming. Maybe I should have known better."

your right, (my mistake), I simply forwarded your e-mail with my own stuff for a quick announcement article that I wanted to do for you personally and Steel Beasts Pro PE, because I felt you guys and this great sim really deserve more then a one liner in the daily news column... Which is what I thought you wanted by your e-mail asking why SimHQ didn't do more for Steel Beasts.

Maybe I should of known better...

Thanks for the disrespect to-wards SimHQ in your statement above... I guess you can sell your own game, your own way... and I'll do what I want, when I want at SimHQ.

Everything we did was for you and Steel Beasts Pro PE, but your never satifisfied...so I'm done trying to work with you on it. Don't get me wrong... I love this game, love your company, love your support and community involvement and will continue to share news, screens, and videos at SimHQ... but back on my own terms, on my own time.

(Ya your post and my reply should of been handled via e-mail, if their was a problem.)

• Moderators
"Thanks for the disrespect to-wards SimHQ in your statement above... I guess you can sell your own game, your own way... and I'll do what I want, when I want at SimHQ.

Everything we did was for you and Steel Beasts Pro PE, but your never satifisfied...so I'm done trying to work with you on it. Don't get me wrong... I love this game, love your company, love your support and community involvement and will continue to share news, screens, and videos at SimHQ... but back on my own terms, on my own time.

LOL, what is this all about? Maybe we are a bit too sensative?

I don't think Ssnake meant anything disrespectful about SimHQ or the article, and -- if you can read all the other replies the response is positive overall. Surely we realize that in a text based communication environment, and especially in the case of someone that is billingual, that sometimes things come off more harsh than they really should be? Sheesh.

Unfortunately some of the images are presented without context. The three isolated tank models were actually high res render shots from 3D Max, which I then downscaled for a web presentation. The final result in game will be quite similar but may not be totally identical. I gave them to SimHQ as illustration material for an article (likewise the LOD3 shots of the damage model), not as screenshots for presentation of themselves.

Apparently the greed to publish something really fast was overwhelming. Maybe I should have known better.

actually, they're not high-res render shots.

i just added shadows, fresnel specularity, and some carefully adjusted lighting, then rendered with fairly high level of anisotropic filtering. the texture resolution and polycount is the same as in SB. took 3 seconds to render, at highest resolution, and the 3ds max renderer isn't known for being the quickest renderer about.

you can get far heavier shaderstuff done in most egoshooters nowadays.

• Members
Thanks for the disrespect to-wards SimHQ in your statement above...

I'm sorry if you took it that way. I'll contact you by email later (not at the email computer right now). I certainly didn't mean that. I appreciate your efforts to support us. It seems that there was a bit of a misunderstanding about the intended use of the images, and I wanted to avoid giving the impression that render shots are representative of the in-game graphics. They are close... but not identical.

I remember very well the debate about "doctored" screenshots a few moons ago (different game, different company, etc.). Since the images were made public without context a public reaction was necessary. OK, maybe I should have kept my mouth shut when expressing a bit of frustration on my end.