Trees

delta6

1 hour ago, delta6 said:

In building and testing a scenario, the trees will change from regular tree to date/fig trees in the winter light snow setting.

OK so does the "winter light snow" theme have different tree types than "regular" trees?

The Theme lets you specify what type of tree makes up a forest for example. Change the theme and often the tree type will change automatically.

• Members

We changed things a bit with, I think, version 4.1 already that may affect legacy Terrain Themes. To give you more variety of vegetation and rocks rather than the global 128 objects of prior versions, we implemented an object palette for each Terrain Theme so you can throw out the palm trees if you build a tundra Theme, or remove the pines if you go tropical, etc.

As a consequence, some Themes may now have a somewhat wacky combination of objects. There's no way around it, you either simply replace the Theme in your scenario, or you edit it if you actually have saved it out as a THM file. Note, in the Documentation folder, the Map Object Catalog with the index number for each tree and stone.

On 6/8/2023 at 1:11 PM, Ssnake said:

We changed things a bit with, I think, version 4.1 already that may affect legacy Terrain Themes. To give you more variety of vegetation and rocks rather than the global 128 objects of prior versions, we implemented an object palette for each Terrain Theme so you can throw out the palm trees if you build a tundra Theme, or remove the pines if you go tropical, etc.

As a consequence, some Themes may now have a somewhat wacky combination of objects. There's no way around it, you either simply replace the Theme in your scenario, or you edit it if you actually have saved it out as a THM file. Note, in the Documentation folder, the Map Object Catalog with the index number for each tree and stone.

Thanks for telling this detail about new theme. 

In my point of view having new changes in new version is a good thing, I like new changes!