COOP Sce testing Dec 30

Zipuli

Hello!

18.00 GMT we will test a scenario of mine as MP COOP. It's a LONG mission (approx 2 hours+) with bluefor first reconnoitering a hostile area for a task force. When task force arrives it is to take a central objective (a small town). Bluefor also has quite good air support in form of recce flight, airborne landing and CAS. Even with big/long mission the bluefor size is very manageable, with small recce party and company size assault force. So if you are in for realistic gameplay and mission, really intense COOP experience (tried beta yesterday and was a blast!) and have time to do it, be on SB TS 1800 GMT, In-game blue. Unlimited amount of players supported! I will post the sce here after finished the version for tonight, as it's quite big to d-load from host!

Zip

P.S. Stalin, hope you can make it as this is something special for you :)

Roger, let's hope if there are 8+ players Sean comes too as we have the connection thingy between us :(

BTW have you tried to disable possible software firewalls that may cause the trouble (seems like either of ours PC's blocks incoming data from other, hence the ping 0 and stuff???)

BTW have you tried to disable possible software firewalls that may cause the trouble (seems like either of ours PC's blocks incoming data from other, hence the ping 0 and stuff???)

The only thing I have running on my SB computer is the Windows firewall. I can try disabling it entirely instead of allowing SB to work through it. We should see if you can connect to me to see if that works?

Here is the scenario file for tonight... Be sure to wear something swedish, use KT's CV9040 and Strv 121 skins!

Zip

P.S. This sce will come in 2 (or 3 if the Americans wish so ;)) versions when finished:

-NBG (Leo 2 & CV)

-Aussie (M1, M113AS4, ASLAV - tested this yesterday and was quite difficult indeed!)

(-US version on request with M1, M2A2, M3A2, stuff like that...)

56e83c631a169_HornetsNest(NBG)_zip.36f25

Hornets Nest (NBG).zip

Thanks guys!

It was me, Sean, Tacbat, Stalin, Hack, Moka, Espi and Honcho on this one. We played this scenario 160+ minutes!!! First 90 mins were recce and around 110 mins we started the main attack and took the objective real smoothly with no considerable losses (few swedish grunts - who cares? ;)), after that it was repelling a counter-attack by Leo 1s. Tough times there but worked fine.

What I noticed to be fixed for version 1:

-LZ securing event came in (caused nothing yet was in wrong place)

-Two Tigers crashed to each other causing the other to get killed

-Mission still didn't end when it should have

Thanks again all participants! If you have any comments left to add, please do! I will write an AAR to SimHQ about this one also make a video... got 50 gigs of materiel! Also saved AAR (80 megs) if anyone wants lol!

Hope to play same sce with you guys later too, as i said it's 101% random and should never play exactly the same way!!!

Zip

This scenario was probably one of the most immersive I have ever played, I look forward to playing this again sometime in the near future.

For those who have the time to spend, I would strongly recommend this scenario for a group of you with a few hours to kill, expecially any operational VU's out there!

Thanks for letting us play Zip and I look forward to its release, and big thanks to Sean for providing the hosting!

Great scenario, I was totally immersed in the atmosphere even though Tac and I got our rumps kicked in the beginning of the recon phase and had to wait for 1h 30 min B4 getting a Leo2 platoon to lead :) Looking forward to playing this again sometime, great scen Zipuli!

Following changes have been made after the version 0.9:

-LZ securing text for LZ 2 fixed (had one error in it that caused it to happen wrong time)

-Edited Tiger routes so that they should no longer crash to each other

-added a bunch of more randomness to the sce (few more possible patrol routes, minefields, etc. + a few surprises)

-edited scoring (please note it still will give you a defeat if you don't get the "mission accomplished" event)

-fixed the "mission accomplished" event -> mission will end without a hunt to kill all the strangling AFVs in the vicinity of the town...

-changed Griffons to Chinooks (like Hack said, the poor griffons were overloaded with swedes ;))

-added penalty zones to all marshlands, previously was only in the big one (tracks)

-fixed red artillery (they had none last time, my bad) -> tho only a few units can direct it (to simulate the poor C&C)

-added event texts when recce patrols spot enemies moving along the possible counter-attack routes

-the recce flight "Knight 1" will engage enemy choppers if they come too close... before they had fire only if engaged by enemy -ROE...

-recce element's success/screw-ups affect the score more than before... (also if recce is sloppy the enemy may be alerted enough to send in the reinforcements to boost the town's defence - which means a lot more trouble to the main attack!)

-added some graphics on the map and made more precise mission order - now there are 2 "perimeters" you need to clear - the inner (town) must be clear and outer (some 1-2 km from town to north-east-and-west) must be clear of AFVs... Also enemy counter-attack needs to be stopped

Also added per request:

-if your recce element is reduced to 2 vehicles, you can call in reinforcements for the recce platoon (borrowing the ranger's vehicles from the outposts), tho the equipment is lower quality and this will lower the final score! (but this also helps if you have 4+ players and the n00bs die early on... no need to wait soooo long with nothing to do)

Now I think it's pretty much where I wanted it! It's a marathon, no doubt about it, but with 4+ players it's a blast, and it will never be the same when played :)

Zip

PS. Just to piss Stalin off I added following features too for the enemy script:

-some of their AFV supported outposts may turn their engines off too! - this causes them to be more difficult to locate!

-If recce element is spotted along a certain road, there is a chance that the enemy engineer unti comes in and lays a minefield there... :)

-the enemy may have some tricks up his sleeve if the chopper -search party (the one we had fun with yesterday!) finds your recce element...

1st Jan 2008 1700 GMT (SB TS In-game Blue) I'll be hosting the finished version of the scenario. Open for everyone, no player limit. Will post the sce-file here when ready so no need to D-LOAD the 1,5 megs from host!

Zip

EDIT:

HERE IS THE SCENARIO -FILE...

It still has passwords for editing, but maybe I take those away when I upload it to the D-Loads section!

For extra immersion, I recommend (woodland theme):

-KT's 9040B & Leo 2A4 (strv 121) skins

-Tacbat's Tiger Hind for red

-Wolfrank's Venezuela Leo 1A5 skin for red

-CZ's non-marked russian BTR-80 red

-CZ's green BMP-2 red

Thanks gents once again for testing/playing! Was a total blast once again... The recce part went OK, but when the main attack started it surely turned out to match the scenario name! When entering the town we got shot from multiple directions and our Kampfgruppe went down to two tanks and few single CVs... But we did it! After 163 minutes the sce ended a success... tho the *ehem* yet to be fixed scoring gave us a minor defeat for losing most of our units... ;) But looks like the scenario is ready for uploading! Will do sometime soon! And guys, remember to review the sce :)

Zip

I guess I go for the SimHQ AAR about this one, and video of last... :) Here's some action shots from the show.

PS. and damn that worked well that some enemy tanks started with engines off (randomly of course). I actually drove into one myself... stopped to listen with engines off, no sounds... sent wingman forwards 20 meters and he got shot from 100m distance! My wingman smoked and pulled away with turret all busted and after that I heard the Leo 1 start his engine and pull back from the crime scene ;)

hornets_nest_zip.f314847c92c71eb567131fd

hornets_nest.zip