Laptop and keypad problem with SB Pro PE

Quagmire

Hi guys, I received SB Pro today and have already installed and played around with a couple of scenarios etc. to see and hear the new graphics.:luxhello:

However, I play on a laptop and for the keypad controls I use an external USB keypad (by Belkin).

Problem is, when I press the keys shown on the back of the new manual like TIS on/off (+) and Mag Toggle (/) etc. my keypad is doing something completely different!

Instead of the commands listed it changes ammo, rotates the turret manually etc. It doesn't matter if the NumLock key is on or off either (indicated by a green light on the pad).

I've never had a problem with it in other games, so has anyone experienced a similar problem or know of a fix? :confused:

Thanks,

Quagmire

OK, this is odd...

@Tacbat, thanks for the reply but this may explain things a bit more -

I had SB Pro PE (both the previous version and the beta) installed, but several months back I uninstalled them both to 'clear down' my system.

However, on installing the new 2.460 version today the keys were indeed screwed up. Oddly though, after I checked, it has kept the key mapping from the previous versions - even though I removed all traces including those in My Documents... strange. :confused:

I have now clicked on 'Default' controls and can control the TIS from the keypad.

But... the following keys do not work from there:

/ Mag Toggle

* Next View

Any ideas? If that is by design I can remap them as Tacbat says.

Thanks guys!

Quagmire

• Members
OK, this is odd...

I had SB Pro PE (both the previous version and the beta) installed, but several months back I uninstalled them both to 'clear down' my system.

However, on installing the new 2.460 version today the keys were indeed screwed up. Oddly though, after I checked, it has kept the key mapping from the previous versions - even though I removed all traces including those in My Documents... strange.

Actually it makes perfect sense. A casual glace at the manual, pages 3 and 4 shows that the keyboard mapping is not stored in "My Documents", and since it contained user-created content (a different layout) it was exempt from the uninstall routine (which only removed files that are unchanged since installation).

Thanks Ssnake, but do you actually expect me to read the manual the day SB Pro arrived??? :bigsmile:

It was some time ago that I did the 'clear down', and I thought I got everything - obviously not.

Still it's running and looking good! :biggrin:

Any tips on the keys issue from my previous post?

/ Mag Toggle

* Next View

Thanks!

Quagmire

Hi Ssnake,

Yes, I have always used the N key for mag toggle, but the fact it was printed on the keyboard reference chart (back of the new manual) alongside the Next View got me curious, hence my previous query. I thought it may have been a new feature I was unaware of? :idea:

Thanks,

Quagmire