Winter M1A1 Recoloring

Nasder

I will not take any credit in this at all. Because with the new template it was too easy to make. It took me a minute or two. And most of that time was making a playlist to listen to while I work and test the texture.

What's done.

The brown camo was changed into black.

The black camo was changed into white.

winterM1V1-test.jpg

Very simple, I am looking into how the abrams decal file work and I'll do something with that.

This is a version 1. Hit me with the constructive criticism stick!

Edited by Nasder
Fixed a grammar problem

Hint, turn on your channels palette and work with the alpha channel. Which will be black and white.

I figured that's how the decals work. I'm about to start playing around with it some.

Channels filtrate the "regular" image on what's to be shown. And the regular one decides which color?

I made some modifications and when I try and save it as a dds file, it tells me error "Too many channels to export (5)". However, I got around this by saving without channels then loading up the dds file and imported the modified channel. I can't seem to figure out why it said too many channels. I had 5, rgb, red, green, blue and alpha 1. Nothing more.

I figured that's how the decals work. I'm about to start playing around with it some.

Channels filtrate the "regular" image on what's to be shown. And the regular one decides which color?

I made some modifications and when I try and save it as a dds file, it tells me error "Too many channels to export (5)". However, I got around this by saving without channels then loading up the dds file and imported the modified channel. I can't seem to figure out why it said too many channels. I had 5, rgb, red, green, blue and alpha 1. Nothing more.

Flatten the image prior to saving (Layers-->Flatten Image). After saving as DDS, undo the Flatten Image, so you can modify it later, if you want to.

Flatten the image prior to saving (Layers-->Flatten Image). After saving as DDS, undo the Flatten Image, so you can modify it later, if you want to.

That did the trick, thank you!

Here's an update. Please note that the original texture is still available and will be released along with this version too. I made four different versions of this simple recoloring to fit different tastes.

Here's what I've done to the decal file so far. On the tiles on the turret I added the text "this side out". I recolored the skirt numbers to suit the colors better. I also added the word "freedom" on the barrel. There will be two decal files in the release to compensate for the skirt color under the number.

I'm in the final stage, making screen shots to post with my upload and writing a Read Me file.

I can't do much more than give Dejawolf almost full credit for this. His template is amazing. I hold no artistic skills but with his template I could make this really nice thing.

Update.jpg.5d011d7edbc5e5010dcbc4a839966

Update.jpg.5d011d7edbc5e5010dcbc4a839966

That did the trick, thank you!

Here's an update. Please note that the original texture is still available and will be released along with this version too. I made four different versions of this simple recoloring to fit different tastes.

Here's what I've done to the decal file so far. On the tiles on the turret I added the text "this side out". I recolored the skirt numbers to suit the colors better. I also added the word "freedom" on the barrel. There will be two decal files in the release to compensate for the skirt color under the number.

I'm in the final stage, making screen shots to post with my upload and writing a Read Me file.

I can't do much more than give Dejawolf almost full credit for this. His template is amazing. I hold no artistic skills but with his template I could make this really nice thing.

dds gives you a lot of options in the drop down curtain, save with an explicit alpha. DXT3 ARGB (EXPLICIT ALPHA)

dds gives you a lot of options in the drop down curtain, save with an explicit alpha. DXT3 ARGB (EXPLICIT ALPHA)

Yeah, DXT 3 is the way to go. Used it alot when doing FSX textures.

Anyways, the file is being uploaded right now so it should be avalible for download in a day or two. Enjoy!

Nas_Winter_V1.jpg.f965af9a2136523ff536c0

Nas_Winter_V1.jpg.f965af9a2136523ff536c0

Looks beautiful! Would you by chance be able to make something for the M1 with respect to Australian camo? I'm talking similar to the stock ASLAV-25 or ASLAV-PC camos?

Desert tan with green and black? Should take seconds to be honest.

Done. This work is completely unedited from the template. I just simply rearranged some layers and saved it as a dds file. All work for this texture goes to Dejawolf.

PS. This attached file is not the winter skin you see in the images here but an australian look-a-like texture. It holds no decal file and no roof texture to match it.

M1A1_Aussie_look_zip.4e0f51c9d47764af9c8

M1A1_Aussie_look.zip

Edited by Nasder
Attached the texture.

Maybe that Aussie M1 texture from Dejawolf should be uploaded into the mods section (or is it?) I think there is a decal file for it floating around too...

Haven't found a decal file for aussie M1A1 around. I couldn't find any good image of one to work from either, all images I found with a quick search were of Marine or US army M1's. But I made a fictional one that I just completed.

I'll just make a readme file and upload this texture and the decals asap.

aussiedecals.jpg.5da7fb2c5757bc6268d541b

aussiedecals.jpg.5da7fb2c5757bc6268d541b