Ghost

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, I have now been trying out a bunch of different nvidia drivers.

It seems the problem started with the 178.13 release.

All drivers between 163.75 and 175.19 are working flawlesly in SB. Now from reading the release notes for the driver there seem to be one major change with the 178.13, the introduction of the whole hardware PhysX/Cuda acceleration. from what i can see it is the family of 8800 cards and upwards that are having the huge fps problems (9800 series, GTX 260/280 etc etc) all these cards have the ability use their GPU's for more than just graphics processing. This I suspect is the reason why people with Nvidia cards without this feature (for ex 8600 or 7800) are not experiencing the same issues with the new drivers.

This is still just a primary analysis and i will try and do more testing when i have the time. gonna try and compare hardware PhysX enabled nvidia cards and those without using the same driver. Yes i know SB doesn't support PhysX but this could still be the issue.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally Windows 7 64-Bit RC is out. I installed it today and checked the frame rate: No more FPS hits :luxhello: Driver version: 185.85

I'll give the new driver a try on Vista 64 and will report the results.

Edit:

Happy news for Vista 64-Bit users. The new nVidia Driver Version seems to fix the slow down issue. (GeForce Release 185.85).

Nope, no success for me with the Geforce 8800. Tried the Fps test mission and frames were just as bad as before with the newer driver. Back to the old one, which also happen to have working flat panel scaling options. Everything was better before... :)

• 1 month later...

I understand that most are running pcie & vista 64

Just wanted to say that on my ole 3.0 hyperthreader with xp 32 that I get the same FPS drop in TC position. Even with an ati agp hd3850 512. driver ver 9.6hotfix and 8.54 aswell as 8.16, btw was horrible in my rig. all da time driver lockups with a cpu temp @ 40c full load, 540w psu. no matter what Driver version and there are very few that will even install. anyone want a ati with a daul fan radiator kit on it? lookz awesome!

went back to nvidea 7series 512, oc w/rivatuner It smoked the ati hd3850 with up to a 30 fps gain in some areas and no lock ups!!! buttt still have the fps drop off in the tc pos. that was with both driver versions 186.18 and 175.16 these results were all done with sb v2.460

I have a gt7950 512 with dual 400mhz chips on it being shipped should have it buy the ninth. Will see what that card kin do! dont laugh the ati 3850had cpu n mem clock of 630 n 775 or so b4 u nuked it with the on board oc'er

my nvidea that smoked it had stock clock of 300 n 330 mhz and itz only ddr2!

• Members

A drop in framerate may be entirely possible in SB Pro PE, depending on WHICH TC position it is - one with simultaneous scene rendering, or one without. Can you test the M1 commander's seat and the Leopardo 2E commander's seat, and tell me if there is a difference in performance?

Results are in.........

sys ..p4 3.0 hyperthreading /intel x86 processor

os xphe32 sp3

2g 400mhz ram

2x7200rpm wd ide hd

creative x-fi extreme sound card

nvidea gs7950GT 512ddr3 agpx8 450/600 mhz(cc/mc stock times) dr ver 186.18

540watt psu

matrox thtg digital

3x23 lcd mon

in Game resolution 3840x1024x32

three tanks in same spot on a cust map w/same facing

M1

F9..........25fps.........driver view buttoned

F9Q........33 driverview exsposed

F7..........37 TC view buttoned

F7QQ......33 TC view exposed

Leo 2e

F9..........16.....(still smooth running no stutters or weirdness)

F9Q........30

F7..........22

F7QQ......30

Leo 2A5

F9...........34

F9Q.........34

F7...........25

F7QQ.......33

This is work'n for me! :cvcsalut:

Just installed this vid card. One thing I did do differently with vid card install, is something someone mentioned elsewhere on this forum, btw tyvm whoever you are! After uninstalling driver from previous card,went into registry and deleted all instances of nvidea folders then ran the reg cleaner.

Well that does it for this addition of "this ole PC"

• 1 month later...