SB PRO PE on Windows 7

Ghost

I've been fiddling around a lot with the windows 7 beta at work lately and i definetly think this is the OS that will retire windows XP for good, it is amazingly fast, installation on my dualcore 2ghz work comp with 2 gigs of ram took 17minutes (yes i clocked it)

They have thrown out all crap from vista, streamlined it and removed almost all addon software, it actually runs much better and faster then XP. (even windows mail is gone, if you want it you have to download it)

Annyway now to my point, has anybody tested Steelbeasts PRO PE on Windows 7 yet, i was planning on installing it on my home computer today to check it out (most likely the 64bit version), i would think that codemeter could be causing any eventual problems but Windows 7 promises full backwards compatibility with vista, i have even installed printer drivers for Vista on my Windows 7 machine without any problems.

Thanks for any input

Get your legitimate key directly from Microsoft at http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-7/beta-download.aspx

They're not letting you download Windows 7 anymore, but they're still giving out keys.

I have the Beta running on Windows 7 (will be installing the upgrade tonight).

I think you are right in stating Win7 will be the final replacement for XP. I was a fan of Vista but Win7 is something else...(to paraphrase) it just works.

Yupp, it seems microsoft has finally opened it's ears to the community, can also have to something to do with Vista being the biggest fiasco in Microsofts history, mostly because of microsofts most important customers the companies have been very reluctant against upgrading to vista, had some numbers on it think it was only around 3% of all businessess that had upgraded, every business grade laptop and PC from HP, dell and most other major PC manufacturers still come with an XP downgrade CD :P

I have Windows 7 running on my laptop. I just hope Microsoft gives us Vista users a big marked down upgrade version. :diable:

IIRC, any machine bought prior to last Christmas (I don't recall the exact date) with an OEM Vista install, will be eligible for a fee Windows 7 upgrade.

That was to stop buyers, well, not buying.

IIRC, any machine bought prior to last Christmas (I don't recall the exact date) with an OEM Vista install, will be eligible for a fee Windows 7 upgrade.

That was to stop buyers, well, not buying.

I put this machine together in 2007. :( Just hope the upgrade is cheap. lol