SB meeting in Stockholm, June '08

Ssnake

By the way, can you Swedish Stout Fellow's tell me, is it legal to stop in a forest and put up your bivouac and stay over to next morning ?

Yes, we have "Allemansrätten" as its named wich allows you to camp where you like pretty much, here is a link to the rules in english:

http://www.naturvardsverket.se/en/In-English/Menu/Enjoying-nature/The-right-of-public-access/

But in a nutshell, if you use your head and dont burn down the forest and leave trash behind you its OK.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"But in a nutshell, if you use your head and dont burn down the forest and leave trash behind you its OK."

Hmm... so it's a no-go for me then. You happen to have any of those "hotels" around in sweden? Stockholm especially, something cheap, I am out of money...?

Zip

"But in a nutshell, if you use your head and dont burn down the forest and leave trash behind you its OK."

Hmm... so it's a no-go for me then. You happen to have any of those "hotels" around in sweden? Stockholm especially, something cheap, I am out of money...?

Zip

May I suggest the Orlogshem?

http://www.orlogshemmet.com/english.html

Maybe it's full that time of year and Swedish military personell, especially Navy-types are prioritized. But it's affordable accomodation in central Stockholm, with a military connection.

I might turn up as well, to have my ass handed to me in a box. Not much time to perfect my skills, sadly.

Mark thanks for the kind offer :) If you gave up that well paying civvie job to come work for the Army maybe we could do something.... :)

Cheers

Rob

Rob,

Don’t forget to get us a showbag!

Unless of course you need someone to carry your bags whilst you are swimming?

Yes, we have "Allemansrätten"

Thanks Kingtiger, lots of info there.

May I suggest the Orlogshem

Thanks Romeo, interresting plase to stay over in Stockholm.

Lets se what the plan will be, maby "Cutter" is in my sidecar, othervise i maby take my dog "Seargent Master Lady" with me.

• 2 months later...
Oh, it will be. I haven't received many emails yet of people who want to register. That would help a bit with planning the event.

There is a 50/50 chance (WELL BETER THAN 50%) that I will be on EX in Scotland at this time.

Waiting for more confirmations to come my way. Should know within the next month or so.

This is going to work out well, a FTX, SB, and tank fest. I may never recover.....:debile2:

I'll be there!

KT get ready for the hangover of the century!!!

Last time I was there as a conscript I actually remember that I started to get a hangover, then nothing more... so you will have a hard time making it worse ;)

I will be there, and then I will go directly from Stockholm to russia (passing thrue nowhere named finland ;) ):D

Ssnake: how many have volountered so far?

/KT

• Members

I have just sent out some information about reduced rate accommodation. If you're interested in attending and have not received that email, please contact me as soon as possible by email - it may be that I may have missed you despite my attempts to keep track of things. At least one of you, Sgt_Anzac, expressed interest but his mail account has been deactivated, says the mail server.

I'm sorry to inform you that, IF the date is 14th June as Nils mentioned in the e-mail, I cannot make it, as I have important stuff for 15th June here in Finland (the only day in the whole summer I need to be in Finland... DOH!)... So if the date remains as it is, I am unable to be there to whoop all your asses. :(

Zip