Need help/suggstion on key problem in sim...

Malakie

Hi all,

Finally have been able after all this time to buy a copy of Steel Beasts Pro PE! Been playing Steel Beasts Classic all these years till now..

Anyhow, I need some suggestions on what I can look for with a problem I am having...

I am unable to move to external views of any vehicle or object. The F8 key (and I think a couple others now that I am messing around) do not work. Most of the others do seem to work.

The wierd thing is that in the lower left corner of the screen it DOES print the text 'External View' when I hit F8. But it never displays it or takes me outside the object.

What did I miss in reading or is this something else?

One other small question... any recommended add-ons or mods? Must haves?

Thanks...

Edited by Malakie
added questions

in the mission editor it is possible to set which positions you are able to acccess during the mission.

some mission builders will disable the exterior view because they don't want you to be able to see too much.

if you are trying to go to the F8 Exterior View in any of the missions, especially the tutorials, it is probable that the F8 view is not available.

in the mission editor it is possible to set which positions you are able to acccess during the mission.

some mission builders will disable the exterior view because they don't want you to be able to see too much.

if you are trying to go to the F8 Exterior View in any of the missions, especially the tutorials, it is probable that the F8 view is not available.

Ahhh... ok, since my copy just arrived today I am just getting into it and the manual... But I assumed many key commands would be the same (which they are) so I thought perhaps I was doing something wrong.

Some larger battles I prefer to actually be a battlefield commander over seeing the entire battle and controlling forces rather than hands on... Using the F8 mode works best in this case as I can switch and monitor unit by unit battles.